mtbr member

Small Part needed for a 07 SJ Expert

I lost a washer while riding the other day,it is at the rear pivot point in front of the rear axle
    Went to specialized web site and it looks like they dont sell parts,so where can i get 1 of these washers??My LBS says i have to get the "whole kit",which includes the bearing and washer..Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!! Reddawg

mtbr member
    Since this is a new or almost new bike, perhaps you are asking the wrong question. Maybe you should be asking the bike shop where you bought it why the washer is missing. Could they have missed something while they were putting it together? Just a thought.

Mark

mtbr member
    I would agree - this is an almost new frame, bits should not fall off....
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    Talked to the dealer today,he said that he cannot get just the washer,but i have to get the whole kit that includes the 2 bolts and 4 washers that will cost me $60.00 I will defenetly be going and talking to him,cuz this should not of happened..i've only had the bike since middle of december..
    Thanks for the reply's ..Later Reddawg

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1reddawg
    Talked to the dealer today,he said that he cannot get just the washer,but i have to get the whole kit that includes the 2 bolts and 4 washers that will cost me $60.00 I will defenetly be going and talking to him,cuz this should not of happened..i've only had the bike since middle of december..
    Thanks for the reply's ..Later Reddawg
    You are probably talking about the 'Dropout Pivot Bearing Spacer'. If do have them laying around for the 04 FSR (steel spacer 13mm O.D. x 8mm I.D. x 1.5mm), but they are a different size than the 07 space. You need a:

Alloy spacer - 16mm O.D. x 10mm I.D. x 2mm Width, Chamfered

You might as well order the complete kit, because you will have to replace it anyway say in one/two year's time. While you're at it, also order some shock bushings, just so you don't have to wait for them when they're in need of replacement.