Thread: SL Forks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

SL Forks

Im going to change out my Enduro SL triple clamp forks out for a Fox float 32 and turn it into a xc racer, sounds crazy But this bike is so comfy and fast its worth it. I wonder what I should ask in $$$$ for my forks and two front wheels. By the way the forks are upgraded with the new for inserts. Any takers?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Why would you want to give up something that has a five year warranty?

I'll give you 300 for the fork alone

The Other Dude
    yeah, i would be intersted, shoot me a PM and we can work something out. How long is your steerer tube?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    What front wheels you have?

5 year warranty? I thought it had just been increased to 2 years from 1, per the infamous Lipps thread...granted, I haven't read all 200 pages of it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have two wheels also with this fork set. the wheels are a 25 mm thru axle, the fork is 6 in if travel, every thing I have is in perfect condition. One more thing the steering tube is 8 in long its from the XXL frame so its the largest they come.
    Last edited by Glen Campbell; 02-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    as far as the warrenty Not sure. all I know is if some thing gose wrong they stand behind it.
    Last edited by Glen Campbell; 02-21-2008 at 11:54 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-bo-b
    What front wheels you have?

5 year warranty? I thought it had just been increased to 2 years from 1, per the infamous Lipps thread...granted, I haven't read all 200 pages of it.
    "Infamous"?..........At this rate, I'll be conforming to normality (not!)

Yes; afraid so; we are going to be given a five year warranty, applied globally (shucks; bummer )

As soon as Gregg (site Admin) is a bit less bushed, he is going to help me tidy up the thread so that we can have all the important correspondence and technical data conveniently put into a handy file at the head of the thread; so that reference items don't end up obscured within all the posts

Will hopefully be in possession of the official announcement (which will coincide with a Specialized press-release and website inclusion) within the next week. As soon as I have it, of course, I shall post this on my "infamous" thread

Last edited by Lipps64; 02-21-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Lend me 20.00 and I'll buy you a drink!

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipps64
    "Infamous"?..........At this rate, I'll be conforming to normality (not!)

Yes; afraid so; we are going to be given a five year warranty, applied globally (shucks; bummer )

As soon as Gregg (site Admin) is a bit less bushed, he is going to help me tidy up the thread so that we can have all the important correspondence and technical data conveneiently put into a handy file at the head of the thread; so that reference items don't end up obscured within all the posts

Will hopefully be in possession of the official announcement (which will coincide with a Specialized press-release and website inclusion) within the next week. As soon as I have it, of course, I shall post this on my "infamous" thread

Way to be Lipps!! That's huge to have the warranty extended to 5 years. Thanks for all your hard work. What else can we get you pissed off about?

I was stoked on the 2 years extension when I read it. I will sleep easier now...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    So, is there anyway to get upgraded to the 08/non-crappy internals? I have an 07, and am counting the days until it blows.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

mtbr member

Listen!

Quote Originally Posted by SJensen
    So, is there anyway to get upgraded to the 08/non-crappy internals? I have an 07, and am counting the days until it blows.
    Yes! (but hang fire because I notice you are based in California); if you were in the UK, you can now, as of the current moment take your bike into any Specialized Dealership on the pretext of, "The 2007 Suspension elements fitted to this bike are not performing as they should" and within a couple of days or so, you will have spanking new (and vastly improved) 2008 generation design replacements fitted free of charge (entire AFR Shock and if need-be for similar reasons/requested, E150 Fork internals)!

If (as you are) based outside the UK, hold on to and keep riding your bike (unless the suspension subsequently becomes caput in the interim); then, as per my more recent posts within my thread explain; within the next couple of weeks, this facility and also a five year warrantly will be applied globally and this is to be announced appropriately by Specialized (not just via this thread; however, I shall obviously post details on here as and when I get them, so that they can also be downloaded and kept with your bike manual paperwork)

Speaking from experience of having had 2007 AFR Shocks & E150 Fork internals and now having 2008 versions, the ride quality & reliability is so much improved with the latter, I would definately go down the route of getting the component swap (and then soak up everything that Kelstr and Speci-Suspension Tech have contributed within my thread in order to keep your suspension running well and getting the best/smoothest performance from the same

As I say, official confirmation is expected to be released relatively shortly; keep your eyes peeled; I'll try and post details clearly, as-and -when

Lend me 20.00 and I'll buy you a drink!

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by SJensen
    Well I keep on mistreating my fork pretty severely, and the damn thing will not "blow". However, if I am now to be given 5 years to get the better of it, I feel confident in my abilities to earn myself an '08 upgrade as well, sooner or later. I did manage to loose all rebound damping on the shock, so I have a new one of those already. Rock on.