Thread: SJ Pro Carbon

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

SJ Pro Carbon

How strong is the SJ 07 Carbon Pro frame? Could it take my weight of 230 lbs. on trails with 2-3 foot drops? Is it as strong as the M5?

Got Homebrew?
    Definitely. I do 2-3 foot drops on my SJ Pro Carbon and I haven't had any problems. I weight 180 lbs so not as much but many people really do undersell Carbons strength. Carbon I'm told is stronger then the Alum frames. Given 2-3 foot drops shouldn't be a problem but remember not to do any really big jumps as it's not a freeride bike (duh.)

I would trust that Spesh has reinforced and done the design leg work vs. just making a frame out of carbon for weight purposes.

P.S. I love mine to death.
    Mountain biking is not about how fast you go, it's about how many new friends you have at the bar after the ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    my carbon is pretty nice.

thats an understatement!

I'm only a 150 lbs and I hit every jump/drop I come in to contact with...ride it around you'll be sold. It feels a lot more stable than the aluminum sj I tried out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    All this info helps. I'm sold on the carbon. It even looks better than the SJ Pro aluminum in orange. :-)