mtbr member
    Aug 2005

SJ FSR XC '04 shock reducers

Hi!

I ordered new bushing and reducers for my SJ FSR XC '04 with a Propedal Fox Shock (the original shock). It is the lower shock eyelet. According to the shop it was supposed to be a total with of 16 mm for the reducers according to their information.

When I got them I was not able to fit them. I measured the old ones exactly and got them to 15,8 mm. I hought they had worned down from 16 mm, maybe. But when i squezed them in they were to wide. At first I tried with a lot of force on a vise to press them closer, but it was not possible. I then miracously got them out again and sure they are 16,0 (maybe even 16,05) mm.

Does anyone know the correct with for them? Did the shop make a mistake?

Cheers, Hans

Team Blindspot

Another option

Quote Originally Posted by Hasse
    Hi!

I ordered new bushing and reducers for my SJ FSR XC '04 with a Propedal Fox Shock (the original shock). It is the lower shock eyelet. According to the shop it was supposed to be a total with of 16 mm for the reducers according to their information.

When I got them I was not able to fit them. I measured the old ones exactly and got them to 15,8 mm. I hought they had worned down from 16 mm, maybe. But when i squezed them in they were to wide. At first I tried with a lot of force on a vise to press them closer, but it was not possible. I then miracously got them out again and sure they are 16,0 (maybe even 16,05) mm.

Does anyone know the correct with for them? Did the shop make a mistake?

Cheers, Hans

I got mine from Fox. They have a database of what size reducers are needed for the various frames that use their shocks. I paid like $18 for two sets to be delivered to my home.

Just be sure they get the bolt diameter for the rear reducers right. They sent me 8mm, which is the size for the front, but the rear needs 6mm.
    Astigmatic Visionary