Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Size woe...

844 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kersh13 
#1 ·
I have the option of buying a brand new large 08 stumpy expert for 2999 right now... so basically 500 off, but I think I would fit better on a medium. I test rode a large today, and its definitely a fun bike to ride, at least on the street... the only problem is that I couldn't test a medium, so I don't know if that would fit better... what do ya'll think? I am 19, so I may be done growing, but members of my family have grown 3 inches after high school. I am 5'9'' or 5'10'' now, and I have long arms and legs. I can always get a shorter stem... I am very torn... because if I go with a medium, it would be a stumpy comp, without the brain... tough decision...

#3 ·
I'm 5'10" and ride a large specialized....I'd get the large, especially if you have longer arms and legs. Can't your shop gget you fit for the bike? And decent shop should be able to give you advice on fit! I bought the worng size bike when I was about your age to save some $$ and it was bad deal, because once I got out on the trails, it didn't ride right. Fit is the most important thing when buying a bike!

#5 ·
garcia, you live in concord?

wait until tuesday and go to mikesbikes in berkeley ... that's the first day of their mega sale.

I don't know the exact price yet but i'm going to put in an order for an SJ expert on Tuesday here at Mikesbikes in Palo Alto. I suspect it'll be close to what you've been quoted. *Don't* buy a bike that's the wrong size for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.