Riding in North VA

Bonking ... not feelin' well Silly question, can the paint on a Fox fork be re-touched?

First I know a Mtb that is used will have a desent amount of damages and scratches.

That being said, my 2011 SJ FSR Elite has 3 months and already several scratches to the paint on the fork. One was a fall on a rock garden and the most recent was my daughter who tried to move the bike and it fell.

The black paint and Fox stickers on my Float 32 series (140mm) look crappy now.

Any of you every had the paint on the fork re-touched?
    MTBing in Colombia with my 2011 FSR Stumpjumper Elite

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I use to use a sharpie on my black forks, work really well until white forks started showing up on my bikes...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    For forks and frames I've found that any black auto touch up paint works great. Especially for black specialized frame paint I use Mercedes Benz black. Perfect match. Have several nicks and scratches one was even a little deep from a pedal wrench that slipped out my hand. Also used it on the fox fork lowers and its great. If you have a black bike that paint is a must!

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM0031
    For forks and frames I've found that any black auto touch up paint works great. Especially for black specialized frame paint I use Mercedes Benz black. Perfect match. Have several nicks and scratches one was even a little deep from a pedal wrench that slipped out my hand. Also used it on the fox fork lowers and its great. If you have a black bike that paint is a must!

Great idea, auto paint tough ups. I'll have to find the Benz black and some form of flat black for the fork. My 2011 SJ is Lime/Black and I just put a scratch on the lime , but that I'll have to cover with a sticker of carbon fiber decal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've seen a lot of posts from people saying the the paint work on fox forks is not that great. I too have noticed paint flaking off near the brace on my forks. I think they don't put enough paint on them.

Anyway if it bothers you that much, then just sand the area, prime it, repspray and finish with 2 coats of laquer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by APO.Guy
    Great idea, auto paint tough ups. I'll have to find the Benz black and some form of flat black for the fork. My 2011 SJ is Lime/Black and I just put a scratch on the lime , but that I'll have to cover with a sticker of carbon fiber decal.
    Looking at that lime on the website I'd try finding some late model ford mustang paint in that color called "legend lime"'. Looks pretty darn close. I used to manage body shops so I'm a bit of a stickler on paint colors....good luck!

Riding in North VA
    Quote Originally Posted by karimian5
    I've seen a lot of posts from people saying the the paint work on fox forks is not that great. I too have noticed paint flaking off near the brace on my forks. I think they don't put enough paint on them.

Anyway if it bothers you that much, then just sand the area, prime it, repspray and finish with 2 coats of laquer.

At the pase I'm going 3-6 months from now the bike will be a mess with scratches, so if the fork kept taking kits like this I would paint the whole thing. The hardest part would be getting the original Fox decals though.