Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 124
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,681
    Wife's at the trails in Loma:





    Still need to gets some better shots of it (and remove that red stripe on the 3T stem).

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Wife's at the trails in Loma:

    ...
    Still need to gets some better shots of it (and remove that red stripe on the 3T stem).
    Very classy machine! Lovely build, congrats.

    Cheers, J

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Wife's at the trails in Loma:


    Still need to gets some better shots of it (and remove that red stripe on the 3T stem).

    Thats a sweet micromonstertruck!

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16
    My 2012 Stumpjumper 29 Comp:







    The Thomson seatpost is a lot stiffer than the Easton...

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    254
    My 2009 (I think) Stumpjumper Marathon Single Speed, right around 22 lbs
    Fox Fork 100mm
    E*13 cranks
    XT brakes
    Stans Crest Wheels
    WTB Devo Carbon Saddle
    Thompson Post
    Specialized ergon grips
    Titec Carbon Flat Tracker bars.
    Assorted TI bolts.
    HBC TI 21 tooth cog
    Salsa Ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails show us your stumpjumper HT-bike.jpg  


  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VanillaEps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    347
    2011 Stumpjumper Comp 29'er.

    Since the pictures were taken, I've upgraded to X9 components.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails show us your stumpjumper HT-sj-1.jpg  

    show us your stumpjumper HT-sj-4.jpg  


  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Fitting for my first post on here, 2012 Stumpjumper Comp 29, just got it yesterday, rode today, and I LOVE it.


  8. #58
    THAT guy
    Reputation: TRY2KPUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    139
    Stock, except the carbon brake blades (dont ask... )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails show us your stumpjumper HT-2011-10-16-13.20.43.jpg  

    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by TRY2KPUP View Post
    Stock, except the carbon brake blades (dont ask... )
    nice color
    Upgraded specialized stumpjumper comp carbon 29 HT 21.3 lbs(9,65 kg) under 21(9.5 kg) lbs when the race season starts.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    411
    2011 S-Works Stumpy HT 29er: I've had it for over a year, and I now love it even more!

    EDIT: See 2 posts down!
    Last edited by jathanas; 05-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    Here's my main ride. 2010 Comp 29er, Recently converted to 1x9, added the new 2.2" S-Works Fast Trak, and I have new wheels on order


  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    411
    I haven't raced my HT this year so Tuesday morning I got reacquainted with my old friend the Stumpy 29er; it's such a pedalling machine, stand and HAMMER!


  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by soltis007 View Post
    Here's my main ride. 2010 Comp 29er, Recently converted to 1x9, added the new 2.2" S-Works Fast Trak, and I have new wheels on order

    What wheels are you getting?

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    Just purchased from Larry @ Ghisallo Wheels. Arch EX, DTcomp spokes, black CK iso hubs. To go from the stock 450SL wheels to this set up probably wont lower weight all that much, but I'm also switching out to an XTR cassette at the same time to help.

    All black theme on the wheels...Looks sharp in person. I plan to remove the Stans stickers - they are a bit much for my taste....
    10' Stump 29er Comp HT
    09' Niner One 9 - Rigid

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    37
    Here's my 2012 SJ Comp 29er. I'm pretty new to riding but wanted to start with a good bike. I haven't upgraded anything, just added shimano clipless pedals and a bottle cage. I absolutely love this bike!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails show us your stumpjumper HT-photo-1.jpg  

    show us your stumpjumper HT-photo-2.jpg  


  16. #66
    157
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    136
    Yeah.....




    This bike rides itself. Seriously, sometimes I go to look at it in the middle of the night and it's gone. Out ridin trails or something.
    Last edited by RobertHurst; 05-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHurst View Post
    Yeah.....




    This bike rides itself. Seriously, sometimes I go to look at it in the middle of the night and it's gone. Out ridin trails or something.
    I think I may have seen it late last night...........in the canyon south of here.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nacbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    My 2011 SJ Comp Carbon:show us your stumpjumper HT-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336340055.381233.jpgshow us your stumpjumper HT-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336340089.717612.jpg

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351
    Has anyone played around with putting a shorter stem on their 10/11/12 Stumpjumper HTs?

    I'm considering going from the stock 105 to an 85mm (Easton Haven 0 degree). I really don't like the way my 19 inch 2011 Comp 29er handles on single track. Thinking that a 20mm shorter stem might help.

  20. #70
    157
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by John Barrett View Post
    Has anyone played around with putting a shorter stem on their 10/11/12 Stumpjumper HTs?

    I'm considering going from the stock 105 to an 85mm (Easton Haven 0 degree). I really don't like the way my 19 inch 2011 Comp 29er handles on single track. Thinking that a 20mm shorter stem might help.
    Last year I got a used S-Works (pictured above) 19" and put a short stem on it. Normally I would ride an 18" but decided I'd try something new. With the short stem it is exactly the same length from saddle to grip as my old 18. It feels pretty damn good I have to say, although it's not ALL positive. (The wheelbase is longer, which provides stability at speed and over rough stuff but slows the acceleration and makes tight maneuvering more difficult.) I would try it if you feel stretched out. Also consider lowering the hand position with a flat bar and/or negative rise stem.

    Although in your case the reason you don't like the handling may have more to do with the big wheels than the stem, if you're used to riding a nice 26.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertHurst View Post
    Last year I got a used S-Works (pictured above) 19" and put a short stem on it. Normally I would ride an 18" but decided I'd try something new. With the short stem it is exactly the same length from saddle to grip as my old 18. It feels pretty damn good I have to say, although it's not ALL positive. (The wheelbase is longer, which provides stability at speed and over rough stuff but slows the acceleration and makes tight maneuvering more difficult.) I would try it if you feel stretched out. Also consider lowering the hand position with a flat bar and/or negative rise stem.

    Although in your case the reason you don't like the handling may have more to do with the big wheels than the stem, if you're used to riding a nice 26.
    I decreased the angle on the stock cam-adjustable 105 today. It turns a little better. I may go negative tomorrow....just to see.

    I really got hooked on single track riding my wife's 17.5 inch 2011 Rockhopper Expert SL 29er HT. I replaced the RS Tora coil fork with a RS Reba RL. It's not the lightest HT around....more like the average FS....but it does everything my 26s do.

    It could be that even at 6'1" 175#, a 19inch Stumpjumper Comp 29er is not the ideal trail bike size for me. It's killer on fire roads and really flowing single track. I'm hoping that I can "adjust" it to be a more all around HT.

  22. #72
    THAT guy
    Reputation: TRY2KPUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    139
    Put the bash guard from my Enduro on it
    Bikes:
    2010 Spec Enduro comp.
    2013 Specialized Demo 8 (build)

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    32
    Two generations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails show us your stumpjumper HT-17082010081.jpg  


  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37
    Mainly a commuter now


  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    35

    2012 Stumpy HT Expert 29er

    My LBS (The Path, in Tustin) gave take-off credit so I made the following changes:

    100mm travel adjustment to fork (a little more travel and relaxed angle)
    American Classic MTB wheels + Racing Ralphs 2.25 tubeless – nice!
    22T and 33T chainrings (extended climbs, aging legs)
    EC70 carbon 685mm handlebar (lighter, bit wider)
    American Classic Ti seatpost (oldie from my garage)
    Salsa seatpost quick release (shim required to fit seat tube)

    Here’s a photo from just above Culp Valley on Montezuma Hwy in Anza Borrego State Park shortly after a March snowstorm in the desert.




    I like the way the hardtail responds to the pedal input, but the ride was hard on disks in my 66 year old vertebrae so I added a Thudbuster seatpost to smooth things out a bit.
    So far the additional 400g seems worth it for the comfort. Mrs. levity has the short travel model (100g less) on her Fate, and we plan to trade back and forth to see which we each like best.
    I also swapped the front brake 160mm rotor for an 185mm XT for a bit more grab and less fade.

    Here’s a photo from the Gran Fondo ride last weekend on Catalina Island. Avalon and most of the hills were clear, but it was foggy at Little Harbor on the west side.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •