Thread: Shocker

mtbr member

Shocker

Finally after reading all about failing specialized susspension, s (and thinking I,d escaped scott free ), My 2007 Enduro S.L. rear shock has failed , the shop will replace it , but whats better ? or different about the 07 shock compared to the 2008 shock theyre gonna fit ?
    Also has anyones 2008 shocks failed ?
    Theres a company in the U.K. called MOJO who custom make shocks for various uses and just wondered if anyone had moved away from the spesh stuff and tried an aftermarket one - and what kind of results they,d had ?
    Also has anyone fitted a diferent fork ??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes, lot's of people, they are called Pitch owners.

hummm! should I?
    Dec 2005
    I would give the 08 stuff a chance. 08 internals are different both in terms of the vendor as well as the valving. The 08 rear shock has a larger air canister that makes for a more linear compresion stroke. Also spesh just offered an uggrade on the rear and on the internals of both legs on the front. you can now receive updated internals for the whole system rather than waiting for them to fail. Most important is that Spesh increased the warranty to 5 years. No one has a five year warranty on suspension in this industry.

But if you do try mojo let us know as we are all curious as to how well aftermarket stuff works out. Do you have contact info for the company?

mtbr member
    Hi , d12294 , Thanks for the reply , have chatted with mojo on phone - they were aware of the problem but have no replacement available "at present" as the spesh item has diferent dimensions to anything they make , although he didnt dismiss the possibility of themselves / fox doing one in future .
    Hopefully the 08 shock will be "sorted" and at least the spesh warranty is a nice buffer on the wallet.

http://www.mojo.co.uk/html(mojo)/MTB.htm