Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shock Settings on FSR 120?

635 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NCtrailX 
#1 ·
I spent a fair amount of time testing riding one and wonder how you have yours set up. Looking to see how high the pressure can be relative to your weight before the smooth action of the shock starts to be affected and in becomes too stiff to soak up the rough stuff.

How much pressure and how much sag are you running in your shock relative to your weight?

Also, how is your fox fork set up for sag and air pressure?

#2 ·
Air Pressure FSR 120

I'm test riding an FSR today and need some guidance as to how you've been setting up your air pressure relative to your weight. Want to make sure that I'm setting it up right for the test ride so I can get a sample of how the thing should handle.

Thanks.

#3 ·
I am 175lbs and I set my Septune at 165psi which leaves me just under .5" of sag. With a full camel bak that puts me in the sweet spot for my riding. Which b/c it's winter is alot of singletrack and not too much DH.

Hope that helps.

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Played with the air pressure during my test ride and was impressed with the ride. With the pressure up a bit the shock can firm up without becoming too harsh.

Ordered an 06 FSR (the stock one with mechanical discs) Saturday - should be here by th end of the week. Can't wait for it to show up!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.