mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Shock options for a 2005 enduro comp?

My 2005 enduro comp come w/ a fox float R rear shock. The size is made just for this bike 7.625 X 2.0. On the second ride on my bike the shock got stuck in the down position. I took it back to the lbs a month ago to get it rebuilt under warrenty. still waiting for it. I got the bike on a closeout sale. I am wonding if I can put a manitou 3way shock size 7.875 X 2.0? What do I have to do to make this work? Aslo can you guys post pics of your or anyones enduro comps please. Thanks Ben

Johny Sokko!
    your gay!

Old fart
    Aug 2005
    I ran mine with a 7.875x2.0 Swinger Coil. Paired it with the link in the slack position since I didn't want to make the geometry steeper. You will need new shock reducers though, Fox and Manitou use different sizes.
    Yeah baby!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by *micke*
    I ran mine with a 7.875x2.0 Swinger Coil. Paired it with the link in the slack position since I didn't want to make the geometry steeper. You will need new shock reducers though, Fox and Manitou use different sizes.
    Do you happen to a pic of your set up? Thanks Ben

Old fart
    Aug 2005
    Like so:

Since the coil shock had a larger diameter than the stock Fox Float I had to slightlu grind the suspension link.
    Yeah baby!