mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Shock choices for 06 S-Works SJ FSR

Hi

Ive found a good deal on the above

For perfectly legitimate reasons it comes with a Fox Float RL, not the Brain

Id be grateful for any comments on how this works out, especially if its a complete no-no and how much a Brain Fade costs and what its like to install and set up - Im struggling to find any on Ebay...

Cheers

EDIT:

PS Is the 07 Specialized Brain that much better than the 06 and before Fox and are they easy to buy too? I still cant find any from Google (Im in the UK)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Word on the street is the new AFR is going to be available aftermarket by the end of the summer. I don't know the pricing. I've been watching shocks on ebay for the last two or three months and the only brain shocks I've been seeing are those for the epic. An altrenative that I took with my 06 SJ was to replace the triad with an RP23 that fit the SJ's shock geometry. Cannondale makes RP23's, RP3's, and Float R's in all of the necessary sizes for their Rush line that may be ordered through bicycle shops or via ebay if you are patient. There are a number of RP23 related threads in this forum.