mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Sharing the stoke - New to me 2012 Stumpy FSR Comp 29ner

Hey guys, first and foremost, I have been lurking for a few months really digging and researching my next purchase. I've been off the bike (Stumpy M2) since college about 11 years ago and purchased a basic 29HT in February to get back in the game. Due to my body being a little beat and some sick new trails locally with more of a freeride/ttf atmosphere i decided I should give FS a go. After lots of research, Stumpy FSR was my choice...and only used would fit my budget. I was however torn on the 29ner debate...I mean SMACK in the middle. I really appreciated some of the benefits, but missed some of what my 26 used to give me. To be honest, FS was even something I may not like once I ride this thing, but my friends tell me thats insane. Also, no demo's or rentals within 2 hours! My local BS's suck wind. Another reason to go used at this point.

So here she is, before the big clean up until late in the night and I know its a crappy ipad shot. The guy wanted way too much and lived 3 hours away. In the end, I was able to get a screaming deal on the bike, and he met me half way to deliver. He even threw in a park tool bike stand...and some other stuff that I already had...but I can toss to some bros. Overall, I am stoked on the condition of the bike...probably 80 miles on it and ridden easy, except for the damn mud. I spent hours cleaning last night. Anyhow...enjoy. I am bad to be back on a Special Ed once again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sharing the stoke - New to me 2012 Stumpy FSR Comp 29ner-clip_image003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Nice. I have the gray/black version of that bike. I'm sure you'll like it. Bikes have improved a lot in the last 11 years.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double