mtbr member
    May 2010

Servicing command post

Hi all has any one got service manual for a command post as I never received one with my stumpy evo.I`ve had a look on the speech's web site but could not find one.The reason for my need for a manual is today on a ride the post started to not return fully so I checked the air pressure and it was only about 20 psi so I pumped it up to 50 psi problem fixed for now but only time will tell.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

command post service

hello. I have had the same problem.The specialized web site has a parts break down and thay recomend 25 psi. what works for me is 35psi. After a few rides i remove the command post. first remove the cable clip screw it will give you the length to pull it out to service. Then i check the current pressure, it usually has droped some. with a small rag raped around a wood stick clean the insde seat post tube. then clean the command post . use a small paint brush to clean around the seal and tension nut. let all the air out and re fill to your liking. then i spray a small amount of car wax on a rag and coat the command post and pollish dry. reinstall post and give it a test run. if you have to much pressure in the post when the seat is at its lowest setting and you depress the seat post lever the seat will shoot up very fast and sounds like is going to fly off the bike lower the pressure so it comes up and stops at a comfortable sound joe santa barbara 2010 s works enduro

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks for the info street glide were did find it on the spechs site I could not find any thing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

comand post info

Go to the specialized web site. click support, click technical publications, click english, then click componets ,scroll to 2010 comand post and click green arrow. you can also click on bikes and bring up your model for a break down of componets. thanks joe from sunny santa barbara.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I found what the proplem was the locking ring had come lose tightened it up all good holding air presure and working fine. don`t know how it come lose tho.