mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Septune: air chamber inverted!!!

While preparing for a ride on a cold but sunny saturday, I notice that the rebound of the rear shock was pretty slow. I try to adjust it through the red knob but while pouching on saddle to verify, I notice that my shock was compressing, compressing and compressing without returning to it original position. I even tried to pull up the saddle while retainning the wheel on the ground but it never come back, even if I removed all the air from the shock!!!

My mech. guys at my LBS called it an inverted air chamber shock. It didn't see that since 5 years at least. He succeeded to put it back and making it work, but it didn't last. As soon as I returned outside under cold temp (around 5C) it blowed again...

It's under waranty, but it may take 3-4 weeks to get it back since FOX service center Canada is moving from Montreal to south shore of Montreal. Well like like the season is over

mtbr member

That blows

I have the septune too. I ride down to 35 degrees. How cold was it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Fast
    I have the septune too. I ride down to 35 degrees. How cold was it?
    it was around 0 to 5 C which is 32-40F. But temp should not be a problem for a shock, I have riden some others bikes with FOX, DT or Stratos shock as low as -20C (-2F)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanick
    it was around 0 to 5 C which is 32-40F. But temp should not be a problem for a shock, I have riden some others bikes with FOX, DT or Stratos shock as low as -20C (-2F)
    If theres moisture in the oil then it will be a problem. all oils get slower the colder they get.

mtbr member

Yanick, you're a madman!

Thats hardcore, bruther. Riding in that chilly weather! By that temp, I'm a couch potato, eating a bowl of chili & sipping a porter.

JW
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    Thats hardcore, bruther. Riding in that chilly weather! By that temp, I'm a couch potato, eating a bowl of chili & sipping a porter.

JW