mtbr member

Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow Saddle

I was wondering if anyone is using this saddle - the one with the carbon rails.
    I heard they don't mount in the Specialized S-Works carbon seat post - is that right?
    If so, what seat post are you guy's using?

Thanks

gone for a bike ride
    correct, they don't fit 8x8.5mm selle italia oval railed saddles. i switched my post for a 30.9 syntace P6. Thomson Masterpeice posts are also compatable (according to Thomson).

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Easton

I use an Easton EC90.

Beasley
    is this the seat that is 500 bucks?? i was reading this months issue of mountain bike action and saw one.

mtbr member
    Not sure where you saw a $500 saddle in MBA. But on page 67 of the April issue, they show a $180 Selle SLR XC saddle. After I saw this I started thinking I could cut some weight off my Epic. After checking the Selle Italia web site I found the subject saddle. Cost is around $250 and weight is 120g (advertised).
    Anyway, it seems seat post options are a little scarce - because of the 30.9mm dia post used by Specialized and the oval rails used by the saddle. I was looking for a post with a little setback - which the Syntace and Easton don't have, as far as I can tell.
    I'll keep looking...

gone for a bike ride
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckji
    Not sure where you saw a $500 saddle in MBA. But on page 67 of the April issue, they show a $180 Selle SLR XC saddle. After I saw this I started thinking I could cut some weight off my Epic. After checking the Selle Italia web site I found the subject saddle. Cost is around $250 and weight is 120g (advertised).
    Anyway, it seems seat post options are a little scarce - because of the 30.9mm dia post used by Specialized and the oval rails used by the saddle. I was looking for a post with a little setback - which the Syntace and Easton don't have, as far as I can tell.
    I'll keep looking...

i also have to have setback on my seatposts (or my knees are in trouble!) both my bikes have the SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddles.

the last saddle i bought was the 2008 model for $170 i think it was from Masherz.

my Stumpjumper has a 30.9mm Syntace P6 seatpost, the rail system on the post is able to position the saddle right back into my comfort zone.

the Epic has a 27.2mm Ritchey WCS single bolt seatpost with a 8x8.5 wide rail kit, this post also has a setback right in my comfort zone. i'm using a USE 27.2-30.9 plastic seatpost shim - which i think is the best option when using a carbon post in an alloy frame.

...hope thats of some help.
    Last edited by culturesponge; 04-13-2009 at 09:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'll keep looking...
    I don't know man, if I was trying to do the weight weenie thing, I would do something you could really tell the difference with. Your not going to get much lighter by swapping out saddles. To each their own though.
    Livin' the dream.

Beasley
    I'll keep looking...
    april 2009 issue. pg 16. its called a selle italia CX zero. its actually $569.95

http://www.bikeman.com/SA5205.html?u...ign=GoogleBase

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cth978
    april 2009 issue. pg 16. its called a selle italia CX zero. its actually $569.95

http://www.bikeman.com/SA5205.html?u...ign=GoogleBase
    Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at Mountain Bike magazine...