mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Seatpost Adapter for Sworks Seatpost

I can only run round rails on my 2013 SWorks Epic but want to swap factory saddle with Fizik Tundra 00 with oval rails. Is there and adapter for the seatpost or am I just screwed?

mtbr member
    Is the seatpost mechanism single bolt? If so, yes, you need an alternate seatpost. I went with this one on my 2011 S-Works - it accomodates oval carbon rails without problem:
    http://www.eastoncycling.com/en-us/d...xc/ec90-offset

(and it's about 60g lighter, assuming the specs are similar for the Specialized 2013 seatpost)

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by scottusmc View Post
    I can only run round rails on my 2013 SWorks Epic but want to swap factory saddle with Fizik Tundra 00 with oval rails. Is there and adapter for the seatpost or am I just screwed?
    Yes, there is an adapter, ask your Specialized dealer. Basically the upper sphere of the seatpost is replaced. Running Romin Pro saddle (oval carbon rails) now on the exact same bike while trying to decide which seatpost to buy. The stock one is a tank. Will probably go with Mcfk.

mtbr member
    Hmmm, maybe I'm thinking of a different mechanism, but the 2011 seatpost I'm looking at (from an S-Works Epic) is a single bolt design, so I assumed the same thing for 2013. In any event, the 2011 is a single-bolt design with two outer covers, that clamp down on 2 inner cups. On each side, the outer cover and inner cup both have a semi-circular groove to accomodate a (more or less) round seat rail.

Is the mechanism different on the 2013 seat post? I'm trying to figure out what you mean by the "upper sphere".

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm too lazy to go find the replaced parts from my basement, but yes, it is single bolt design. I guess it is the cups and covers that were replaced.