Sauser ride for Specialized in 2006!!!??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last 3 weeks have been very challenging, with a lot of talking and brainstorming. I have made a decision about who I will ride for in 2006. With the contract signed, I can now say that, starting next year, I will represent Specialized Bicycles from the USA. I have signed a two-year contract with them that contains a strong option for the 2008 Olympic year.

I finally decided to go with Specialized because I felt most at home there and they have offered me the best package -I will be racing their new S-Works Carbon Epic equipped with a host of their own cutting-edge components. Carrying on a long tradition at the company, I will also be closely involved in product development. This new partnership will ensure that I will race very fast in the future!

This was a difficult decision, because it means a 7 year relationship with Cannondale will come to it’s end. I was always proud to be part of this company, and I am looking back to 7 amazing seasons with no regrets!

I also have to thank Siemens, who supported us for the last 3 years. Unfortunately, due the sale of the Siemens Mobile division to BenQ, they will shut down all their sports marketing activities including mountain biking.

Watch out, after New Years day you will see me in the red, big S-logo uniform