Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

S-Works 2005 Buying one need advice

504 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  skate 
#1 ·
I am so dumb that I have posted this on a sub-thread in the forum. Please forgive me.

Here it goes again:

Noob here!

Hi guys/gals:

I am new to the forum and I have a few questions about the Specialized bike.

I currently have a Kona Cinder Cone HT 2007 and I was offered yesterday by the LBS a 2005 S-Works Epic and they let me go for a ride.

I loved so much the bike, specially when going downhill and I did not feel the bike robbing my pedaling on up-hill and the bike at full suspension seemed to be lighter than my HT.

My questions are:

1. What is the weight of the bike?
2. Is there anything in particular that I should observe on the bike when it comes to maintenance?
3. What updates/upgrades would you do on that bike?
4. Is it worth trading the Kona for the Specialized?

Thanks for any input that you might have on the subject and I hope to become a contributor of the forum if there is anything that I might know about.

Jay

See less See more
#2 ·
jns2001 said:
I am so dumb that I have posted this on a sub-thread in the forum. Please forgive me.

Here it goes again:

Noob here!

Hi guys/gals:

I am new to the forum and I have a few questions about the Specialized bike.

I currently have a Kona Cinder Cone HT 2007 and I was offered yesterday by the LBS a 2005 S-Works Epic and they let me go for a ride.

I loved so much the bike, specially when going downhill and I did not feel the bike robbing my pedaling on up-hill and the bike at full suspension seemed to be lighter than my HT.

My questions are:

1. What is the weight of the bike?
2. Is there anything in particular that I should observe on the bike when it comes to maintenance?
3. What updates/upgrades would you do on that bike?
4. Is it worth trading the Kona for the Specialized?

Thanks for any input that you might have on the subject and I hope to become a contributor of the forum if there is anything that I might know about.

Jay
1. I'm guessing if it's stock probably around mid 25lbs, depending on whats on it.
2. any wear and tear visible to the eye. for example, cassette teeth, fork seals, and stanchions, creaking noises, loose hubs. things like that.
3. depends whats on the bike now. if its still stock more than likely it would have some pretty high end components on it already. If its a frame build up then you will have to see if you like what's on it and what condition its in.
5. Yeah I would think so, but that all depends how much they are selling it to you and also comparison of components between the Kona and the Sworks. Remember its a bike shop so it's business first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.