Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RP23 on the way.

710 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  half_man_half_scab 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I've got a new RP23 (7.5x1.75) on order through the local Cannondale dealer.
Hope to get it within the week.

I'm just wondering if the shock will come with the correct sized bushings to bolt straight into my 2006 SJ FSR, or should I get onto the specialized dealer and order some of these in as well?

The ones on my dead Traid look in pretty good shape. Could I push these out and use them if needed?

Thanks for any advice.
Mark.

#6 ·
Hmm...

While I pulled out the Cannondale reducers and swapped in the FSR ones, I had no issue with using the same bushings that came with the RP23. Just took a soft mallet to the reducers and they squeezed on fine inside the bushings. I wasn't aware there were differing bushing sizes. Could this be a problem for me in the future? Premature wear? I'm not noticing any play or anything.

#8 ·
I, like others, used the original Triad bushing and reducers. The reducers pulled out fairly easily but the bushing was a different story. I used a highlighter, screws, bolts, a mallet, a wrench, a large mallet, an eye bolt, and washers to remove the bushing and it was not easy. I was too excited about the RP23 and didn't want to wait on new reducers and bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.