Thread: roval wheels?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

roval wheels?

does anyone have them? i was reading a review and it said they arent technically UST compatable, does that mean tubeless? i was thinking of going XTR on my epic but thease wheels look interesting, any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Those wheels are lighter also isn't it. The Rovals are tubeless compatible! But I think you need some liquid latex in the wheel, but not sure about that. There is a special rimtape inside that seals it off! And the rims have those bead hooks that prevent air leaking out so it should be possible... With latex you're sure!
    If You want Plush, Buy a Couch...
    If you want to go Fast, Buy a 29er

mtbr member
    The Roval wheels are tubless ready.

The term UST is only used by Mavic and Shimano these days (I believe?). UST rims do not require rim tape and supposedly do not require sealant but almost everyone uses it. All of the other tubeless rims/systems out there you have to use the tubless rim tape and sealant.

Just my two cents

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    im not planning on going tubeless anyway, i keep my tires pumped very hard, i know this gives you less traction but i deal with it and havent had a flat yet, i also road ride and hard tires are a necessity, tubeless is better for riding with lower pressures so ive been told but if you keep your tires pu mped hard stick with tubes, the roval xc wheels are lighter than the shimano XTR but probably less sturdy, im only 130 and wouldnt be jumping with them but i do ride a lot of dry rocky terrain where the bars feel like pneumatic drill sometimes, im sure they could take it, ill price them in my shop again the XTR for which i can get for 800 euros, pretty steep price!!!

The Other Dude
    The Rovals have a lifetime warranty on them also, something to think about.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net