-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Roval Traverse on 2013 Spec Stumpy Evo Carbon

After a bit of help if I may, as Specialized don't seem to list this wheelset anywhere.

My bike is just days away & I always planned on changing a few bits on it, one of which was the wheelset. However, thought I would a bit of research into them before, as they may be a hidden gem.

I can't find anything listing the weight of them anywhere - does anyone know?

I know they use DT swiss internals (good!) but whats the crack with the rims, sturdy or wet noodles? Tubeless ready?

mtbr member
    Rim Material: E5 high-strength alloy
    Rim Width: 28mm, external
    Front Spoke Pattern: radial/3-cross (2:1)
    Rear Spoke Pattern: 3-cross (1:1)
    Spoke Count: 27 front, 32 rear
    Spoke Type: DT Super Comp
    Nipple Type: DT Pro Lock hexagonal
    Front Hub: alloy body, 15/20mm thru-axle, and 24/28mm QR end cap options included
    Rear Hub: CNC machined alloy body, high-quality DT 350 internals and ratchet system cassette, 135/142 end cap options included
    Bearing Type: sealed cartridge
    QR: Roval Cr-Mo
    Assembly Method: hand-built
    Total Wheelset Weight: 1,680g
    No rider weight limit
    Limited Lifetime Warranty
    Rim Type: clincher, tubeless ready

Specialized Bicycle Components

-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ah, good stuff - thanks for that!

Doesn't show up on the UK website, which is always helpful!

So what are they like as a wheelset? Real world reviews will be good

mtbr member
    I had the 2011 ones on my Stumpy fsr and leaving them on the bike when I sold it a month ago was a bad move but ehy,the mighty DT 420sl were toast after 60 km.....
    Best set of wheels ever,rock solid, sharp,precise and hub servicing was a 5 minutes deal. It really gives my nerves Specialized wheels are the last items to hit the market ( february 2013 here in Italy) otherwise I would buy them again for my incoming 2013 Stumpy FSR. Got a set of Sun Ringle' Black Flag Pro instead

mtbr member
    I've got the 2012 Rovals on my 2012 SJ EVO Carbon and love them. Been riding them since April and they're still true. I've beat the hell out of them in Downieville and Santa Cruz without a hitch. Hubs have performed really nice, I'm a fan of DT Swiss. I've yet to do the ratchet upgrade, but it's on my list.