mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Rockshox Totems on an SX?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some new forks for my 07 SX Trail as I really dont get on with the VAN Rs that came on it. I'm thinking about getting some lyriks as these are a fairly straight swap in terms of travel & axle to crown height but I was also thinking about some totems as the Lyriks might get out of their depth on real DH tracks (though they'd be great for pretty much everything else).

Ideally I'd have some U turn Totems but seeing as they dont make them I gues I'd be looking at the two-steps as I still need to pedal back up the hills.

I know all about the problems with the two-step totems & lyriks but wondered if anyone has spent time on a SX with Totems? I'd really like to know how you got on with them & how you find the geometry - I've seen a couple of comments that the additional height (20mm?) is a problem & slackens the bike out too much. Anyone got real experience they can share?

thanks

mtbr member
    I put a totem solo air on my new sxt. With the motion control feature the bike climbs fine...whith the steep head angle/high bb shock shuttle it still has a 67ish head angle so its not wandering much. The fork itself is great. buttery smooth and stiff.