Just got done with my mods to my SL
    Rockshox Lyric solo air fork 160 mm
    Race face D2 Stem
    Race Face evolve seat post
    ODI MX lock on grips
    Race Face Bash Guard
    Roller Guide
    FSA Pig Pro Headset

I think it looks friggin sweet and I dont have to sweat that darn E150 anymore....Ill post more when I can get out and try it out. I hyper extended my arm 3 weeks ago at sundance and I am still healing.....next on my list is an fox RP23 or a DHX 5.0 Air
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oh yeah those are Kenda Nevegals front and rear in 2.50 size...doesnt seem to be any clearance issues in the rear

mtbr member

Black on Black

that Black Lyric fork with your Black SL looks sweet Darkslide 18,
    I'm also running a RF Bash Guard and am looking at getting a chain guide, what is the one you've got on there and did you have any hassles setting it up?

mtbr member
    thanx...I was kind of going for a stealth fighter kinda look....as far as my roller guide its some generic thing I got off of Ebay...I will be changing it to a blackspire stinger ASAP but as far as mounting it goes it is ver straight foward and have had no issues with it so far I am glad I went with a roller guide. U dont have to chain slappin all over creation and jumping cogs

mtbr member
    One other thing I forgot to mention was that I changed out the wheelset to Azonic Outlaws...supposed to be bombproof for the price...time will tell

mtbr member
    excuse my ignorance darkslide, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to chain guides/roller guides. I'd also love to put on a Blackspire stinger as the look great and perform excellent by all accounts but I'm trying to avoid the $200 + I'll need to fork out here in NZ to buy 1 (at least until I'm upgrading the cranks and rings) so I'm looking for a cheaper option at the moment and was interested in the model you've got on yours, looks nice and simple and I'm running the same bash guard so its likely going to work.

mtbr member
    Check this link...they have stingers for 23.00 dollars US
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/152...hain-Guide.htm

Dirt Junkie

Looks Great!!!

I've got a non-E150 SL also. Mine was because it was a warranty replacement on a '03 Enduro. I went with a Fox FLoat 36. I've been real happy with the rear shock though, no problems ('08 frame and shock), rides great (if I do develope problems in the future I'll consider a Fox). I also have Outlaws, they seem bullet proof. I'm also considering dropping the big ring. Since the picture has been taken, I have changed the stem for a Easton Vice ,Easton Bars and better Hayes brakes.

My "FREE" warranty frame ended up costing around $2K after all the upgrades!!

Mine ended up being alittle heavy (33 lbs.), but it inspires confidence that it can take just about anything I can throw at it (I'm sure more than I'm willing to try). I really couldn't be happier with the bike.

Rock
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Kind of want to keep mine now and throw on a single.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Darkslide--that bike looks $$. Well done. I am itching to get rid of my E150, even after having the '08 internals put in there. It's still not right.

I'm running a Blackspire Stinger on my SL as well--no problems whatsoever. Totally stealth, low maintenance. Kinda completes the bike.

I'll be curious to see what you guys w/ the Outlaws think . I have Outlaws on my DH and DJ bikes. Always thought they'd be kinda chubby for XC/AM. But for the money you can't go wrong.

Let's hear how those bikes ride w/ a Lyrik instead of the E150...

**Edit--I played around w/ the spike valve and air pressure in the fork a bit more and now finally have it right. '08 bits are rockin'.
    Last edited by Dangerous E; 07-14-2008 at 12:08 PM.

mtbr member
    The lyriks are twice as plush as the E150's.....Which is what i was looking for in the first place...the E150's are too harsh...there is no small bump compliance even with the spike valve set correctly....I like having high and low speed compression adjustments on the lyrik....I can firm it up on the slow speed side and keep it some what open on the high speed side and It still ramps up perfectly.....the brake dive that the E150 suffers is gone and I can finally get that really good pop off of a jump and get my front end up......taking it up to sundance today for a litle more of a test..I will report back for those considering a switch

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18
    The lyriks are twice as plush as the E150's.....Which is what i was looking for in the first place...the E150's are too harsh...there is no small bump compliance even with the spike valve set correctly....I like having high and low speed compression adjustments on the lyrik....I can firm it up on the slow speed side and keep it some what open on the high speed side and It still ramps up perfectly.....the brake dive that the E150 suffers is gone and I can finally get that really good pop off of a jump and get my front end up......taking it up to sundance today for a litle more of a test..I will report back for those considering a switch
    Nice, look forward to hearing the review.

I'm sure this is old news to most SL owners but Spec. is offering a "performance upgrade" that includes not only new internals for the fork, but also a new rear shock, even if your current rear shock is still functional. Supposedly the '08 has a bigger reservoir and is much more plush. I was about to buy an RP23 then I heard this. Talked to my LBS and they hooked it up w/in a few days. On my way to pick it up after work. Rock.

mtbr member
    My bike is an 08 comp with all the 08 bits......all the suspension is 08 spec.....the E150 never gave me any trouble....when I bought it I figured that the fork would break in which it did but it still never felt how I thought it should....its an expensive mistake.....if they would have had the pitch out when I got my SL I would have bought the pitch.....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you want to sell the E-150, let me know. I am looking for a complete set up. Stem, Fork, Hub, Axel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

E150 Fork

PB Matrix, check your PM's...