mtbr member

Rockhopper disc brake adaptor

I've got a 2000 Rockhopper A1Comp that I'm looking for an adaptor to mount disc brakes on the rear swing arm. I know specialized made a "shark fin" adaptor, but have not been able to locate one. Does anyone know if there is something else I can use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ther are third party systems like A2Z but they are universal and may take some work to set up. Most people aren't too happy with them. Anyone selling an old Sharkfin adapter likely knows what it is and what it's worth. Expect to pay up to $200 if you find one. I've found two in the past year that I sold. I bought frames/incomplete bikes and the sellers didn't know what they had. I paid around $150 for a 2001 Enduro frame and about the same for a BigHit frame. Th sharkfins came on the 2000-2001 Specialized Enduro FSR's and the BigHits. Look for those. They're still out there cheap ocassionally.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmark View Post
    Ther are third party systems like A2Z but they are universal and may take some work to set up. Most people aren't too happy with them. Anyone selling an old Sharkfin adapter likely knows what it is and what it's worth. Expect to pay up to $200 if you find one. I've found two in the past year that I sold. I bought frames/incomplete bikes and the sellers didn't know what they had. I paid around $150 for a 2001 Enduro frame and about the same for a BigHit frame. Th sharkfins came on the 2000-2001 Specialized Enduro FSR's and the BigHits. Look for those. They're still out there cheap ocassionally.

BUT WHERE ??????