Thread: Roam

Boulder, CO

Roam

At the Boulder Adventure Film Festival , they showed ended with ROAM this evening.

Here is a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsdBZoeGmyw

It should be a Specialized marketing film. They should buy the rights to any sequel. It showed some of the most amazing stunts I've ever seen. It makes we drool for a Demo 8. Oh wait, I think I would need some skills first.

Actually, I wasn't able to identify the bikes, they were jumping over stuff too quickly.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

The Other Dude
    ROAM is a great movie, it really gets you pumped up to go out and ride. The Collective films puts together the most tasteful MTB films in my opinion, even though they have only done 2 so far it think. But i believe they are coming out with their 3rd one soon. Have seen the their first one called "The Collective" its just as good!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    May 2004
    the reason for some many Specialized...

BEST BIKES EVER

Lusus Naturae
    Friend got this DVD; watched it a couple times since. Aside from the back-yard mud-pile hopping around, its all fantastic stuff.

The song "Choose One" by Zinndeadly kicks butt. Check him out on myspace.

mtbr member
    UHHHH!!!! I hate it! I just finished watching the Collective, and now I either want an enduro, sxt, or demo... DAMN PROPAGANDA MOVIES!!!

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    UHHHH!!!! I hate it! I just finished watching the Collective, and now I either want an enduro, sxt, or demo... DAMN PROPAGANDA MOVIES!!!
    Nothing wrong with wanting any of those bikes
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    check out http://www.totalvid.com you can pay $9 a month and download and watch all the movies or pay a small fee and to watch 1 at a time. Best part is if you really like the movie you can buy it from them and they take the fee of the rental off the sale price of the movie and you have unlimited viewing of the downloaded movie from then on **Edit forgot to mention they also mail you the full DVD when you buy it**.

I have the montly service and download them then stream them through my 360 onto my projector. Quality is really good and it's a good way to get pumped up to ride.
    Last edited by Murchman; 05-17-2007 at 12:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murchman
    check out http://www.totalvid.com you can pay $9 a month and download and watch all the movies or pay a small fee and to watch 1 at a time. Best part is if you really like the movie you can buy it from them and they take the fee of the rental off the sale price of the movie and you have unlimited viewing of the downloaded movie from then on.

I have the montly service and download them then stream them through my 360 onto my projector. Quality is really good and it's a good way to get pumped up to ride.
    Just curious, how do you stream them through your 360? Guess it wouldn't work with my PS2?
    Anyway, +1 on the Roam and Collective DVD's.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    There are two ways that I know of. First is the way I am doing via Windows Vista Media center and the other is via Microsoft Zune software (Works on XP) that will stream to the 360 as well. Both have the same quality just Media center has more options.

They both let you stream videos, music, pictures which is really cool for parties or just hanging out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murchman
    There are two ways that I know of. First is the way I am doing via Windows Vista Media center and the other is via Microsoft Zune software (Works on XP) that will stream to the 360 as well. Both have the same quality just Media center has more options.

They both let you stream videos, music, pictures which is really cool for parties or just hanging out.
    Thanks.
    Lou
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem