mtbr member

Rival Saddle Creak Help

About two months ago I took a bad crash. Ever since I've had creaking coming from the saddle. I've tighten (one of the screws} the saddle to the post and tighten the post, and still creaking. On the rival there's a unusal screw toward the front where it attaches to the post. How do you tighten it? Any other suggestions to stop the creak?

Also, for those that care. The saddle is rather comfortable. However, the tip has worn down after one season. I have duct tape around the tip to keep it from further erosion.

mtbr member
    I've got the Rival on my trail bike (actually the one getting crashed in the avatar <-----). I like it too. Your creaking is probably because the post/saddle connection or somewhere in that region needs to be greased. If it's totally dry, there's a good chance it will creak. It's happened to me before and light grease seems to be the answer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

saddle creak

I have the alias and also experienced saddle creaking. I disassembled the saddle clamp and cleaned and lubed the railing. voila. no more creaking. I also cleaned out my thomson saddle post and likewise lubed. No craks since. Except when i get real down and dirty on the trials then i just have to repeat process.

mtbr member

It worked

I cleaned the the post, rails and the clamp, greased it all and the creaking stopped. Thanks for the help.