mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Rim Tape Size to Run Tubeless on '13 Camber Comp

Just picked up a new '13 Camber Comp. been looking online to try and find out what width of rim tape I should use to go tubeless? Everything is stock...HELP

mtbr member
    I use Gorilla Tape (duct tape). 1 time around to cover the spoke holes and then once again the width of the rim. works great, cheap have not had any issues, been riding this way for over 6 months.

Bos
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    If its a 2013 model, it will be be 2Bliss ready meaning, it has their tubless tape in there already. Just get the Stans liquid and tubeless valve and you should be ready. you might need to use a compressor though, I had trouble using just a floor pump.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    x2 on the Gorilla Tape. I changed out the 2Bliss tape that came with my Stumpy for Gorilla Tape and it works fine. Best thing is you can cut it to whatever width you need.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Even better...see if the Specialized rim strip fits your rim. Those are very good so far...running three sets in Roval rims.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    If its a 2013 model, it will be be 2Bliss ready meaning, it has their tubless tape in there already. Just get the Stans liquid and tubeless valve and you should be ready. you might need to use a compressor though, I had trouble using just a floor pump.
    My Carve was "2 Bliss" ready and still needed rim tape. Not sure if they updated the 2013 vs. 2012. Still not an issue. I had the shop do the conversion and I saw them using some green tape. Best up grade for the money so far.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertm View Post
    My Carve was "2 Bliss" ready and still needed rim tape. Not sure if they updated the 2013 vs. 2012. Still not an issue. I had the shop do the conversion and I saw them using some green tape. Best up grade for the money so far.

Mark
    I think that "2 Bliss" meant for me that the tires (GC's 2.1) and rims were "2 Bliss" ready. It would be cool if the 2013's came with tape or liners.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    What kind of rim strip do they have? Is it red standard rim tape? Is it the new tan 2Bliss rim strip? If it is standard, you need to remove it and replace with either 1) Stan's tape (whatever width fits) or 2) 1" Gorilla Tape (cheap and works perfect). If it says "2Bliss" on it, you are good to go. You will need a set of valves - Stan's work or Roval if you can get them and of course you will need sealant...again....Stan's.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Got it lined out. The 2013 cambers come with 2bliss tires and 2bliss rims. I already had the gorilla tape in hand but removed the tires to see the green tape on the rims that said tubeless. I put in the valves that came with my bike, two scoops of stans per tire and pumped them up with a floor pump no problem. Thanks for the input guys...much easier than I expected...