Thread: Riders Club

evilbanks

New question here. Riders Club

I joined the Specialized Riders Club about 3 months ago. I still haven't received either of the 2 magazines that comes with the yearly membership fee. Has anyone else been waiting for a while as well? Any feedback would be great.
    twitter.com/evilbanks

The Other Dude
    i got my jersey, but no mags yet either...
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Still waiting

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

can take months

for new subscribers. That is if Specialized sends the subscription info in right away.

Anyway, they still giving out 06 Rider club jerseys, or are they 07 now?

evilbanks
    can take months

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for new subscribers. That is if Specialized sends the subscription info in right away.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I believe mine is an 06'
    twitter.com/evilbanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hi guys, Chris @ Riders Club HQ here with some info -

This morning we received word from Rodale that the first issues will ship to subscribers on 3/7. From here on out, there should only be a 4-6 week delay from the time of sign up, to the time you receive your first issue (just like if you subscribed directly with them)

We apologize for the delays, and we're happy to have this resolved, because we've got a TON of cool new features coming to the site that will go live between now and Sea Otter, and we're now able to focus on getting these new features up and running. Stay tuned!

The Other Dude
    Hey thanks for the updates Chris! I am still waiting for the demo day where the Mini will be available for test drives
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Heh...sorry, can't make any promises on that one...that rig has about $20K in aftermarket parts (serious!). But hey, we've definitely got some cool surprises in store for y'all!

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

Hey Chris, 06 or 07 jersey

Do new rider club members get an 07 jersey? You can't possibly still be handing out the 06 one's can you?

I am a loyal Big S fan, mtn, road bikes, and lots of gear and apparel. I need a new short sleeve S jersey but would love an 07 Riders Club jersey, not an 06.

Thanks for your reply to the forumn, nice to know the company is watching...and listening

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by RoubaixRider
    Heh...sorry, can't make any promises on that one...that rig has about $20K in aftermarket parts (serious!). But hey, we've definitely got some cool surprises in store for y'all!

Hey, after seeing the pics, i had to ask! lol!

Thanks again for putting the club and forum together for us, its great to see that a company cares that much about the sport to take the time and effort to put something like this together. Most companies put together some bikes, make a website, and call it a day.

This is just one more reason why I ONLY buy Specialized.

mtbr member

This morning we received word from Rodale that the first issues will ship to subscribers on 3/7. From here on out, there should only be a 4-6 week delay from the time of sign up, to the time you receive your first issue (just like if you subscribed directly with them)

We apologize for the delays, and we're happy to have this resolved, because we've got a TON of cool new features coming to the site that will go live between now and Sea Otter, and we're now able to focus on getting these new features up and running. Stay tuned!
    Thank you RoubaixRider for your response to this thread & the club, I am very impressed. When I started riding I looked at every manufacturer out there. Not only their product offering but also their business principals. People & Passion are the irreplaceable factor for success. No one in the bike industry displays this better than Specialized & this is another example.

Innovate or Die

evilbanks

Hey there Chris, thanks for the update man!! Much appreciated!!
    twitter.com/evilbanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

to magdaddy

Hey Magdaddy (and everyone else out there!),

The very first jerseys we shipped out had 2006 on the sleeve, but we realized pretty quick that that wouldn't fly for long. So, the current jerseys don't have a date on the sleeve at all.

Here's the good news: the next jersey will be a completely different design, so rather than rely on the year printed on the sleeve, the design itself will make it clear what year the jersey is. So don't think of it as an `06 jersey or `07 jersey - think of it as a "Year 1 Riders Club Jersey"

Please keep the feedback rolling in - we're learning a ton right now by doing nothing other than listening closely to everyone's comments about the club. Ride on!

evilbanks
    I have received 3 "bicycle" magazines but no mt biking mag yet........
    twitter.com/evilbanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Mountain Bike doesn't get published as often as Bicycling...I think we're just waiting for the season's first issue of Mountain Bike to get into circulation.