Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Ride report on my Sworks

Another ride on very varied terrain today in an asbolute downpour for an hour, had Scorpion mrc 2.1 rear and 2.3 front ust tyres with very low pressure.

1. The quality is up there with the best of bike brands.
    2. The performanse of the DHX 5 air is amazing and better than the 575 with the 5th element,
    3 Going straight over traks on off camber trails with 90 degree roots, it rails straight over where the yeti would spill on them and its a job to get the hardtail over them.

Have ordered UST nevagal/bluegroove 2.1 ust or the more extreme weather for this bad weather.
    Last edited by catnash; 11-05-2005 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hi catnash
    nice bike by the way - i've seen it here and a couple of times on stw!
    how are you finding the bottom bracket height with the pikes as opposed to the more standard fox36? and how does it climb compared to the 575?
    cheers for any info
    rex

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

Enduro

So far I'm riding the bike with the lower bb setting and havent had many problems with that height. I've never tried the fox forks but athough the ikes are nice would consider the ike airs a better match for myself, or those Fighters in 150mm. The yeti was lighter but I ever got on with it in the end. Climbing is great on the steep rocky stuff but I might see what it's like with the steeper setting. I had a bad ride with flu and the bb was stifening up so I need to fix that and get out there again. I havent been able to get out enough with work commitments so over the next two months will get a better picture. It was a close thing with getting an 05 S-works stumjumper, it would be interesting to compare that bike as well.