mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Revelations on FSR

Hi,

I got a 2010 FSR XC and was planning on swapping a few of the components over from my Cove Handjob.

I have 140mm Revelations and can run them at 120mm but I was wondering what the implications of running them at 140mm would be. Would there be too much stress on the frame like the manual says? I know the warranty could be void but I would still have the original forks that could be put back on.

I'll probably just set them at 120mm but on my hardtail I ocassionaly run them at 140mm every so often just to experience the difference.

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2008

It should be fine

*Warning-I am not an engineer*

You should be fine with this. The 2010 FSR XC tubing is based on the 2008/2009 Stumpjumper FSR. Many of them came with a FOX TALAS fork that went up to 140mm with no problem.

You're absolutely right that it will void your warranty. I guess they just need to protect themselves because they can't predict what kind of mods people will do.
    Disclosure: I work in a bike shop

cougarbait
    I am pretty sure it is overengineered enough that you won't have a problem with it as far as integrity of the frame goes. It will slacken the geometry, raise BB, etc.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    cheers guys. i figured as much due to the fact that the manual says you shouldn't ride the bike hard off road.