mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Retire the Old, In with the new

Well today was a spectacular day!! I officially hung the good ol Schwinn S20 up on the ceiling of the garage today and it has become my spare or a bike for buddies to ride that dont have bikes!!

The OLD (98 S20 with a ton o upgraded parts)

The beloved UPS guy dropped off my new to Me (it has probably 200 miles on it total) Sworks Epic today. Talk about a major upgrade!! I feel like I was working on my GSXR as I mounted up the rotor on the front hub and attached it to the bike!! Although I think I am going to drop it off at the shop for a complete tune up as the brakes are making a bit of noise and dont really feel "right" and the rear derailure is just giving me and my riding buddy a fit!! Get it dialed in perfect on the small front ring and its shifting smooth as glass, go to the big one and it goes all to crap. I just figure its a lot of new technology for me to absorb in one sitting so why not let someone dial it in perfect right from the get go so I dont screw anything up. Funny that I never worried at all about screwing up anything on my old bike...ohh yeah...not my car in the picture!! LOL (I think the bike is worth more than the car)

mtbr member

wow, look at that...Schwin

Okay, the Epic is the one to look at. Congrats on stepping onto such a nice machine.

That schwin is something else though. With the tall stem, weird pivot, and spinergy wheels it looks almost like an impressionist mtb...as in a painting. Don't let go of that puppy if you have the space. It'll be worth oogled by generations to come.

Congrats again on the new one. Sounds like you got a deal on it too!

-kcavt

Whig party member

ha.

that schwinn is the funniest bike ive ever seen

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    That Schwinn is hte funnest bike I have ever owned..LOL granted its a war wagon, heavy as a tank, but it was really fun to ride. It will take pretty much anything you dish out. It climbed halfway decent and even did ok on the trails. hte only thing is you were perched pretty nigh up on the thing. Guys who I let ride it said it felt like riding a caddilac down the trail..LOL