Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

Response from Fox-06 forks

"The F130XTT is currently in stock, $775.00, it is still not determined when or if we will make a Talas XTT."

Thought that was a VERY weird response considering the TALAS XTT is shown on their website. Either fork would really compliment the brain stumpy. My question for those of you who have the TALAS...how often do you really use the travel adjustment feature?

Sustained climbs I imagine it would help weight the front tire better. But, for what else?

The F130XTT is lighter, and seems like it would be a great fork. Thoughts?

Specialized says the S works FSR M5 frameset, as well as the Stumpy FSR Pro will be available in September.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I use a Talas w/ 85-125 mm range.

I change the setting all the time. It was one of the features that I really liked about it. You can adjust the height of the fork "on -the -fly". Same w/ the lock out feature. I have the septune behind so that's also changed to setting 1 or 7 or dead zone.

Its more of an advantage when your familiar w/ the trails so you know if its worth it to start changing settings.

Of course the advantages of having a shorter or longer fork height during ascents and descents are not even in discussion here.
    Last edited by grnhrnt; 08-18-2005 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo error

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I use my travel adjust often as well. It is great to be able to wind it down to a steep head angle for extended climbs, then dial it out to 130mm for descending.

I am feeling a lot more confident on steep descents, but not paying the price with a light front end or liftoff on climbs.

mtbr member

Almost never

I have a Talas R with 85/125 travel in my Enduro. I don't use the travel adjustment almost at all. If I'm training hill climbing in a ski resort, I lower the fork to make the climbing easier, but that's it. Maybe 99% of my riding it stays put in the max travel setting.

I'm thinking about upgrading the fork to Float XTT to match my Brain shock (it's an 04 S-Works Enduro). Another way would be PUSH the current fork but since I don't really use the TALAS option that much and with increased service need of TALAS, I guess the Float would be a better option.

mtbr member
    For me the Talas is not just about changing the travel. I had used standard floats before getting my S-work Enduro with the Talas. There is a big difference in how the Talas feels, it is much more linear and uses all the travel vs the floats never really getting full travel and ramping up as you go through the travel.

I fear the XTT will have the same issue of ramping up instead of being linear so I am hoping they do in fact come out with the Talas model as it will really make the front and back of my Enduro feel balanced.