mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Remote control brain for Epic?

HI i have an 11 Epic evo and was looking at something like this

Rock Shox PopLoc+Adjust remote kit, right hand on eBay!

I found today as i was riding the hard pack i prefer almost lockout on the rear i dont like it too soft.

Has anyone tried something or can you fit similar to above to adjust brain dial on rear shock?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No

There is not a lever designed to work the epic rear shock, and I doubt there ever will be. The advantage of an epic is that theoretically there is no need to adjust the shock mid ride. I get what your looking for but don;t think its out there. The poplock is a 2 position switch, where as the brain fade adjuster is like 20 positions. You could make something that would work but its not going to be a simple refit of a poplock.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Aye cheers mate. I hear what you're saying. But for today for example the rear was on a threshold of activating and on hardpack trails it's unpleasant, the clock as it activates feels like i have a flat tyre. Its far from smooth, Id rather it be fully open or locked out, not wallowing in the middle. Anyone else have this? Id rather dial it out with a manual dial. Or is there an issue with my shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The brain is what the brain is. Some love it, some hate it. Personally, I found it awesome in shorter races, but annoying in really long races and/or fun trail rides.

If you don't like it's action, just get a CTD shock with remote lever to replace it.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.