searcher

reba on a stumpy?

Hi!
    I am thinking about buying a stumpy s-works frame. I have a reba race 2005 fork with 115 mm travel. Do you think it is enough to match with the 120 travel on the back or shall I get another fork?
    Thanks for your answers!
    T

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Reba

Hi

I have a 05 Sworks with a 06 Reba and the combo works well together, in fact there are a few mates who have specs this in their Stumpys and epics.

searcher
    thanks for the answer, so the 120 on the back , and only 115 on the front is not a problem. Good to hear, so I dont have to change the fork if I decide to buy a Stumpy frame at the end. How do you like your Septune in the back ? Works fine?

mtbr member
    The axle-to-crown height of Reba is equal or very close to the Fox fork Specialized uses, so it's a good choice for the frame. I like Reba better than my Talas anyway, it's stiffer, more lightweight and more adjustable.
    Last edited by plussa; 03-30-2006 at 04:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, don't take the travel amount too literally, the height of the fork is what really affects the geometry. You might actually find if you set up the platform on the Reba it could keep the front end higher than the Talas on steep downhills anyway, so it should match up fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job!

That would be a really sweet combination if you get the s-jumper with the brain on it. If you put on the pop-loc remote lever, you would have an asbolute sick set up since the rear would lock/unlock automatically and you would be able to control the front from the remote.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Works well and the different settings are excellent over varied terrain

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBFreerideCT
    That would be a really sweet combination if you get the s-jumper with the brain on it. If you put on the pop-loc remote lever, you would have an asbolute sick set up since the rear would lock/unlock automatically and you would be able to control the front from the remote.
    A Fox Trail Tune Fork would be even better. Automatic lockout with an inertia valve. It stays locked until it senses bumps and the bump threshold is adjustable......just like the Brain.
    So go for F100X, Float XTT or Talas XTT...

Many racers use this because it's good.