mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Reasonable price for used 2008 stumpjumper FSR comp

Hi everyone,
    I'm interested in purchasing a used 2008 stumpjumper FSR comp. I've seen several floating around craigslist and I'm wondering what a fair offer is. I've seen one that has less than 100 miles on it with only a few minor scratches (shown in the pics). At my LBS, they go for 2100 and none of the LBS in my are willing to move on that price. They state that even when the 2009s come in at a 15% higher price, the 2008s will stay at the 2100 mark. I've test ridden and know this is the bike for me. Do you think it's reasonable to target $1600 - 1700 for a 2008 with less than 100 miles and no known problems? What should I offer?

Thanks everyone.

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    If your in no hurry snipe some auctions on ebay. If you are then your at the mercy of the sellers. What was the MSRP of the 08 Stumpy Comp?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hi Magsrgod,

MSRP is $2400

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    You will see them go for probably 1800ish at the end of the season Stumpys hold their value better than alot of bikes. 1700 you would be getting a deal.

FYI from a brand new perspective that bike probably costs a tier 1 Spec dealer around 1800 new. So negotaiting could get you a good deal.

FYI I have an 07 Demo 7 and the retail was 3200 and the dealer cost was 1900ish like 1926 was the actual cost iirc

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Just saw two go on ebay for $1,600

I just watcehd a few on ebay that were in really great shape (really low miles) that sold for around $1,600.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Rock Climber - funny you should say that. The one you were looking at on ebay is probably the one I just bought.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

From some guy in Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by rdblatch
    Rock Climber - funny you should say that. The one you were looking at on ebay is probably the one I just bought.
    Congrats, that looked like a really nice bike, just wish I could convince my wife that I "need" one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yep, that's the one.

Yeah, I've been working on my wife for 2 months now. Finally got the "go ahead" today so I didn't waste any time

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    Grats on your new bike. Do you have any pictures of it from the auction?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images