mtbr member

Rear wheel on 2005 Bighit

Any one know how or if a 26" rear wheel can be put on a 2005 Bighit??

If it can't be done, anyone know of some companies that make 24" wheels??
    Last edited by bighit2005; 01-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.

mtbr member
    No, you cannot put a 26" wheel on a STOCK rear end. I know there is a company in Germany that makes a conversion kit. I think the name is BETD or something like that. I don't know anything about the quality of the product. As far as 24" wheel manufacturers go, you are limited. You can always get a sun double track. It is strong as **** and heavy as ****.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I know this is an old post but as I am in the process of building up a 2005 bighit frame I thought I better throw in my 10 cents worth.

My frame currently has a 26 inch hooked up to it as I type, so it can fit one - BUT - it must be noted thet the wheelset on this project is cross country oriented and any tire with a wide profile will scrub out. I have a Michelin Wildgripper 2.2 at the moment and is fine.

People may wonder why I am ruining such a fine DH steed with skinny tires but with a strong but light wheelset it was the cheapest way to get a 6-7inch trailbike for a large gent like myself. Besides, my V10 doesn't like uphills.