mtbr member

Rear shock replacement- 2005 FSR XC pro

I have been searching the threads here about replacing the stock Fox Float Triad shock with the RP23. Everyone seems to love it which is a good thing. Most threads are talking about 07, 08,or 09 frames but I have a 05. The specialized site specs state that I have a Fox Float Triad that is 6.5 X 1.5.
    I would like to switch it out but I need to know what shock I should be looking for and any spacers, bushings, etc I would need to make the swap. The stock travel is 100 mm and if I can increase that it would be nice.
    Also, any recommendations on a new fork for the same bike?
    Thanks for your help !

mtbr member
    Well, I would use the BETD link set at 130mm and use the 130-140mm fork of your choice. BETD website is mountainbikecomponents.co.uk

mtbr member
    What shock would you use? I heard nothing but good with the Fox RP23

mtbr member
    Most people love the RP23. We have one on a Fuel EX with zero problems. And it is available in your 6.5x1.5 size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare
    Most people love the RP23. We have one on a Fuel EX with zero problems. And it is available in your 6.5x1.5 size.

Thanks. Can I run a longer one to increase travel or I'm I stuck with the stock 100MM shock with this frame?
    I called PUSH and they are selling a Monarch RT3 which they say is better than the RP23

mtbr member
    The BETD link will give you either 100, or 130mm, depending on which way you set it up. Beyond that, I can't help with getting more travel. Some of my riding friends have Monarchs and like them just fine. And, I would trust PUSH to give you good info.

Bike Addiction
    Fiskare I got all excited there for a minute. I was thinking about wanting more travel from my 09 FSR XC, around 140mm like the new stumpies. But unless I missed something there were no BETD links for that upgrade yet. Bummer! $190.00 might have made me pause anyway.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing