mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rear Shock For 03 Enduro

HELLO PEOPLE!
    I NEED SOME ADVICE ON BUYING A NEW REAR SHOCK FOR MY 2003 ENDURO COMP. I AM TOTALLY DONE WITH MY FOX RL.

-i AM A HEVIER RIDER, I AM THINKING A COILOVER SHOCK WOULD DO BEST FOR MY RIDING STYLE.

-MY RIDING STYLE IS REALLY AGGRESIVE XC AND JUMPS AND DROPS

-IS THE I2I LENGTH FOR THAT FRANE 7.5 X 2.0 ?

-MY CHOICES ARE THE 5TH ELEMENT, FOX VANILLA, MANITOU SWINGER, AND ROMIC.

-AND WOULD SCREWING WITH MY FLIP/FLOP LINK POSSIBLY GIVE ME MORE TRAVEL??????

I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH SHOCK I SHOULD GET.........I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ENDUROPRIEST
    HELLO PEOPLE!
    I NEED SOME ADVICE ON BUYING A NEW REAR SHOCK FOR MY 2003 ENDURO COMP. I AM TOTALLY DONE WITH MY FOX RL.

-i AM A HEVIER RIDER, I AM THINKING A COILOVER SHOCK WOULD DO BEST FOR MY RIDING STYLE.

-MY RIDING STYLE IS REALLY AGGRESIVE XC AND JUMPS AND DROPS

-IS THE I2I LENGTH FOR THAT FRANE 7.5 X 2.0 ?

-MY CHOICES ARE THE 5TH ELEMENT, FOX VANILLA, MANITOU SWINGER, AND ROMIC.

-AND WOULD SCREWING WITH MY FLIP/FLOP LINK POSSIBLY GIVE ME MORE TRAVEL??????

I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH SHOCK I SHOULD GET.........I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

hey man, i'm in the process of doing the very same thing on my 2005 enduro comp...i've only had the bike two months and the shock went dead...had trouble getting the same questions answwered...you've done your homework though: romic d, fox vanilla, 5th and swinger are the coils i've seen folx post about here in spesh forums.

a couple post below there was some talk about this....for '05 the i2i is 7.6 but everybody is using 7.87 which is a typical length for shocks....they are increasing the travel to 2.25 or 2.5 with only benfits over the stock 2.0 travel...

i don't knwo a lot but the flip flop will change the HT angle to be slacker and raise the BB a bit...this becomes important if you change the fork to one with more travel, which mean the front end is 'higher'

i'm trying to figure out which is the corect spring sitting here at a computer....never had a coil in the back...but i will be doing jumps and aggro trail riding like you

foudn a couple things on ebay and a few things in the classified section

hope the other dudes who know a lot more will post up and give us a suspension hop up 101 course so we can do it right

later
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006