mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Racier demo set-ups..

Hi,

I have a 07 demo 7. Iīm currently trying to make my demo more racy. I just lowered the front end 15mm, but then it felt too short. So Iīm thinking of getting a 50 or 60mm stem instead of the stock 40 for a more stretched out, attack pose instead of the more huck friendly standard setup.

Anyone else try this, what configurations are you running on your 7s and 8s?

Also, I think the 7 will make a rather good race bike for tight tracks, with 7.7 rear travel, 180mm totem up front, standard tubes, xc race saddle and possibly ti spring it will probably land at about 17.5kg. Pretty good for that travel and beef.

Hereīs my demo as she is right now, before modding.

So, opinions suggestions experiences or pictures are all welcome.. !
    Swedish trail/AM/Enduro/DH-rider - Currently rides Spitfire V2 & Devinci Wilson SL. Spending the summer 2013 in Whistler, BC.

mtbr member
    i run a 50 mm d2 stem but as far as how it rides i couldn't say just got it,feels different to the stinky.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Your front end looks nice and low konut! Will give my new setup a try next weekend and also I will borrow a 50mm stem o try out. Windowshopping at some internet dealers now itīs leaning towards a 55mm holzfeller 1.5 stem.
    Swedish trail/AM/Enduro/DH-rider - Currently rides Spitfire V2 & Devinci Wilson SL. Spending the summer 2013 in Whistler, BC.

mtbr member
    i don't race so i put the other stem spacer under the stem,and changed the shuttle round to give me more bb height,and spring as the stock 550 was light so put in a 650,and you can see the difference in shuttle change looking at the main link,oh and i shortened the chain.

but handling wise its a lot lower than my stinky was so feel's better either way.

and your demo looks sweet.

Calm Like a Bomb
    op - instead of getting a new stem just switch your spacers from below your stem to above it...i would do this and keep the 40mm stem for better control
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

mtbr member

heres mine

Not toooo racey but it could be. 40 lbs. Ive since painted some of the camo on the rims white to match the bike
    I'm [SIZE="4"]GNARcissistic[/SIZE]

mtbr member

In action

Me and my bro who owns a D7 too

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Pipes : Already did that, thatīs why it feels too short now whereas it didnīt before..
    Demodude : Nice riding pics!

mtbr member
    Thanks, that was from this last weekend.
    Btw, I have the sunline reducer headset which is a zero stack headset. Brings the front down as low as you would ever want it. I had to raise my stem. Nice to know I can reduce it when i might race. I shaved at least 1/2" of the stack height if not more.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Pipes : Already did that, thatīs why it feels too short now whereas it didnīt before..
    Demodude : Nice riding pics!
    oh i c...was going by your pic...u could try tilting the bars forward slightly or moving the seat back a bit...or both...may save u from buying a new stem
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy