mtbr member

Quite an upgrade....

Just got back from my LBS last night (Ben's Cycle in Milwaukee, great place btw) with my new bike....

Here's the back story...I purchased a 2012 Camber Comp Pro back in late April this year. After about a month of riding, the chain just snapped on me. No big deal, brought it back to Ben's and they replaced it. A week later, starting hearing all sorts of noise and clicking from drivetrain. Chain was skipping again, like it did before the replacement. Brought it back to Ben's again, this time they kept the bike, ordered a new hub assembly, and respoked the wheel. Came back, still noisy. They replaced the chain again this time with a Shimano not a KMC like the previous two. Replaced the cassette and it still made noise. (These parts and service were all done over a week and half worth of time, not all at the same time) But my bike was literally unridable the whole time. They were all scratching their heads trying to figure it out, and were about ready to replace the crank.

I was starting to get a bit frustrated by not having my bike for over a couple weekends during Sept where the weather here in the midwest is perfect for riding. (not to mention numerous trips to Milwaukee, about 45 miles from my house) So I told them I just wanted to "return" it and upgrade to a Stumpy FSR.

Long story short, after another week or so back and forth, and since I needed an XXL bike (almost 6'6 245 lbs) they replaced my 2012 Camber Comp 29'er with a brand new 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29! The best part, I only had to pay $500 on top of giving them my Camber back! Needless to say, it's a HUGE upgrade and I can't wait to get out there with it. (This Stumpy's MSPR is $1400 higher than my Camber's) I'm still pretty new in the world of MTN biking now (was really into it in the mid to late 90's, technology has changed, A LOT) so I'm excited to get everything dialed in and start riding.

Big Props though to Vince (the Owner) and all the guys at Ben's Cycle in Milwaukee. REALLY glad I chose them over the other Specialized dealers around me. They are outstanding and after a headache for them and I, everyone is good and happy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Glad to hear someone likes their LBS.. Sick car though! 125?
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pädi View Post
    Glad to hear someone likes their LBS.. Sick car though! 125?
    Thanks! 135i

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Even better! Really sick man! Whose rims are those?
    2011 Custom Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pädi View Post
    Even better! Really sick man! Whose rims are those?
    They are actually the stock BMW 264 style wheels, I had them powdercoated satin black, they turned out really well..