mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Quick Release for SX trail

I'm wondering if there is a 20mm quick release for the rear tire of SX Trail. I know marzocchi made one for their 66 fork this year, but didn't know if you could put on onto your bike. I still haven't found a 8mm allen wrench. I think it would be easier to have one. What do you think? can you buy them separately?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    there are no such things as 20mm QR's for rear wheels. Rear wheel bolts go from 9mm (QR) to 10mm (some QR, some Bolt on) to 12mm (bolt on). Remember that its got to not weigh to much, and its got to contain all the pawls and be set up so you can mount a reasonable sized cassette - 11-32 or so, as well as keep weight down. You couldn't do more then one of these really with a 20mm QR axle in the rear. you're probably stuck with your current system. Some 12mm systems are designed around a maxle but they're either a maxle or not, no in between.

dirt visionary
    Not going to happen . The drop outs will except 10mm as the largest.You can get a solid 10mm quick release with certain wheelsets but why? As for the 20mm only a few bikes can even accept one and the ones that use the maxel are designed for it .

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the responses, I was just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.