mtbr member
    Jun 2006

questions about the Demo 7 1

does anyone know if the demo 7 1 is peddal friendly and does anyone know how heavy it is.?????Im looking for and allout FR bike that can peddal uphill

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It is fairly pedal friendly. The weight is 42lbs which makes climbing somewhat difficult but I don't think you'll find much better in a freeride bike.

mtbr member
    it for sure pedals a lot better than my stinky did,and mine comes in at 45 pounds but it is built heavy duty.

mtbr member
    It doesn't matter cause once you point that thing down hill you forget all about the ride up.

The Other Dude
    I had an Demo 7 and a Demo 8....i would not want to pedal either of them up a hill.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Wil109
    Demo 7 sucks ass for climbing up hills. Push it up or get an uplift, it's so heavy and the geometery makes it all the more awkward for climbing.
    [SIZE=1]I love my bike and my bike loves me[/SIZE]

Hike n' Bike
    Jun 2006
    I love climbing hills and it can be done but its very tiring to do so. There are definitly more FR oriented bikes out there that pedal better. Now once you point it downhill thats a different story...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You're going to need a dual chainring and a travel adjust fork to do it. I could NOT climb mine for the first year I owned it, just miserable. But now I've got a working DRS, my 66 rc2 eta which I can lower for climbs, and a seatpost that's long enough to pedal with. (I keep another saddle/short post for lifts.) Now it's actually almost fun to climb it to the goods...but not much more than about 1.5 hrs climbing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    IF you really want to pedal, you may be better off looking at the SX Trail.

mtbr member
    it aint that bad,well uphill it is but i do 7-8 miles to get to my fave spot.

RTG
    mtbr member
    Got my Demo 7 with dual front chainrings from the start and have done plenty uphilling on more AM-oriented trips so far. Not ideal, but for sure possible and you can just think of it as an extra training

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    you need a dual ring set up if you want to climb on this bike, its going to give you a heart attack otherwise, the demo 7 was an option for me but in the end i went for the sx2, itll climb any hill without modifications