mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Question on price for 2009 Rockhopper Comp....

It has 20 miles on it and it is in flawless shape. Is $500 a good deal? I am going to buy it immediately if it is. I know list price on it was about $750, but I know you can get discounts too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    19 views and no comment. I have searched and really didn't find what I was looking for.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Is it from a shop? Or a private party...?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    It is from a private party, but he is going to give me the receipt so I can utilize the warranty.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    OK. If it were me, I would definitely offer him less than $500. Maybe like $375. He may say know....he may say yes. You have nothing to lose and can always pay what he $500 later. Just tell him you like the bike but are on the fence. I bought a virtually new '10 Specialized 29er(msrp $1100) for $500 from a guy that was asking $900 originally. It took 2 weeks but I won. Its a buyers market....people have more to sell than there are people buying right now. You have to realize....that bike is a couple years old and in great condtion....he is selling because it is just sitting I am sure. He would rather have cash....you have drooled all over it and he can taste the $ and the sale. Bring cash and flash it...just not all at once. Let me know how it turns out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HalFliP
    OK. If it were me, I would definitely offer him less than $500. Maybe like $375. He may say know....he may say yes. You have nothing to lose and can always pay what he $500 later. Just tell him you like the bike but are on the fence. I bought a virtually new '10 Specialized 29er(msrp $1100) for $500 from a guy that was asking $900 originally. It took 2 weeks but I won. Its a buyers market....people have more to sell than there are people buying right now. You have to realize....that bike is a couple years old and in great condtion....he is selling because it is just sitting I am sure. He would rather have cash....you have drooled all over it and he can taste the $ and the sale. Bring cash and flash it...just not all at once. Let me know how it turns out.
    Well I already bought the bike for $500. It retailed for $670 and he was asking $600. He is also including free shipping from Washington to Las Vegas where I live, I bought it on Ebay. I searched a lot online from user reviews and most everyone spent over $600 for the same bike I got, so I figured $500 for a brand new one was a good deal. The only way to tell if it was a good deal is to see how much I can get for it when I decide to sell, lol.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Funny...I live in North Las Vegas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    LOL, small world. Maybe we can go riding sometime. I also have a gsxr1000 if you have a motorcycle as well..

Here is the link for the bike I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

seemed like a fair enough deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Damn...that is brand new. Good deal. Sold all my had a '03 GSXR....long gone. Just sold my '08 Supermoto. Done with the streets...the wife doesn't want anyone taking me out. PM me your email address....and I will reply.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    WIll do.
    Last edited by hyrepower; 01-11-2011 at 06:50 PM.