mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Question on Geometry

I have read the post with people adding a 7.875x2.25 rear spring shock to an 02-04 enduro comp and then putting 150mm from fork on. They all say the geometry is well balanced.

Anyone have any idea how to calculate the hd angle if I added a 7.875x2.0 spring rear shock and a 160mm to the front. How different would the geometry end up being. I was thinking of getting adjustable travel front fork so I could still so a bit of climbing.

I know after I buy the components I should just invest in a new bike. But this is a project for fun. So any advice would be great.. I have an 03 Enduro Comp, I am a 200 pound rider.

Please advise from here.

mtbr member
    Don't do it. I had an 04 Enduro with a float 140 and a rp23 7.825x2.25. I did like it but it was a little flexy and I should have just used the money on a new bike. Do they even make a 160 mm fork with a 1 1/8 ht? I would be conscerned about the durability of that set up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Good Points. Thanks for the advice. I guess I was looking at going 150mm not 160mm. You said you ran a 140 and the bike felt flexy. That does not sound good.