mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Question about Pitch sizing

Hey all,

My LBS has had a medium 2008 Pitch Comp that has been sitting in the shop since the bike came out and they have a pretty good price on it. Being 6' I would usually go for a large, but I've read some reviews online where users state that the bike felt stretched out and the opted for a smaller size. I'll be using this bike as an AM bike like it's built to be. Is the bike too small?
    Thanks,
    Mitch

mtbr member
    i wouldn't gamble. buy the bike you KNOW fits you
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm one of those who like a smaller bike, I'm 5'8 on a small and its plenty big enough that I'm running a 45 mm stem instead of the 70 ish it comes with
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm 6'3 on an XL with a 60mm stem in it's a great fit. Any way to try out a large first before you buy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    did you end up getting the bike?? just curious what kind of price do they have on it?

mtbr member
    Maybe its too late, but I would think that you most certainly need a large. I ride a pitch pro m- I am 5'6' and feel just right on it. In fact on my gary fisher mullet M I feel stretched out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah at your size I would definitely go with the Large. You can get a 75mm stem if it comes with a 90mm and that will help a lot. I'm 5'11" with about a 6'1" arm span and I just got an Enduro Large with a 75mm stem.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hi
    I'm 6'1" and tried the L size. I took a test bike and set my 50mm stem with VAN160 36,
    it felt very long. the bike was good for climbing but was slow in technical ride and single tracks. then i took the M size and it felt perfect for me. i bought the M size and very happy with it. it climb very good and perfect for the AM ride.
    I hope it helped.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I say ride the size that fits YOU best. That being said I am 6' and bought a M Pitch and use a wider bar and shorter stem. I notice the shorter cockpit when first getting on the bike as my other bikes are large frames (09 Stumpjumper FSR and 10 Stumpjumper 29er SS). I like the smaller frame to throw arround a bit easier. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm 5ft 11" and ride a large, but my inside leg measurement is 34" so I needed the large because of the seat post, it's not supposed to be raised above the hole in the frame, can cause excess stress on the frame tube, the small and medium frame seat post length is 350mm on the large it's 400mm, was told this in the specialized concept store in Birmingham, guess it's up to you, what's your inside leg measurement?

You could always put a shorter stem on it, 75mm stock, or ask them if they would put a 400mm seat post on a medium for you if you have long legs like me?

But I get on fine with mine as it is...

Hope this helps you.

Take Care
    Chris
    Last edited by chris_mt; 10-10-2010 at 04:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    picked up a 08 L for a good price as a leftover also, 6ft an the bike felt alitttle bit to long for a while with its long wheelbase but i am now used to it, wish i had a chance to try an medium as the bike is not as nimble as i like it to be sure a M would have fit nicely