Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

PUSHED my Septune. Sweet!

The septune shock on my Stumpy Pro ended up "stuck down" after a year of riding. I contemplated sending it back to Fox for service work, but since it was out of warranty I figured I would have PUSH service it. I ordered the factory tuning kit upgrade and sent it off to them. Turnaround time was roughly one day (not counting shipping)! I had the shock back in time for riding the next weekend.

What a difference PUSH has made. I noticed the biggest difference over the small bumps, it just seems to float through that stuff now. The customer service and product quality provided by Push is second to none. I would recommend their work to anyone and will send any additional suspension work their way from now on.

THANK YOU PUSH.

Two wheels are best
    Sounds like a worthy upgrade!

I'm hoping to send them my Septune and my Talas fork this winter...
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

just like a speeder-bike

But did the platform get more firm?

Quote Originally Posted by cbratt
    I noticed the biggest difference over the small bumps, it just seems to float through that stuff now.
    Interesting! Personnally I think the Septune already is GREAT over small stuff -- and great over the bigger stuff too, due to its bottomless feel... If it gets even better, fantastic.

What I'd be interested in hearing is whether you asked them to firm up the pedalling platform, and if so, did it work. (Can you tell a bigger difference amoung the 7 settings?).

I'm planning to send my septune in to PUSH when it's really desparate for maintenance. What I'm hoping to get back is essentially the same shock -- except with the firmest pedal platform setting being much (even 30%) more firm. (I'm assuming that the dead zone would still be 'wide open,' and that I could still turn down the pedalling platform.)

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

YES - improved platform

In a word - YES. The platform did get more firm, even in the "dead zone" setting". I could probably run a little less air pressure (was running 170psi for my 170 weight) and get an even plusher feel while maintaining good platform. I typically only use settings 1 or 7 depending on terrain and I did notice a positive difference in platform in setting 7 for the fire road climbs. There was virtually no bobbing even when I was mashing on the pedals.

I wasn't unhappy at all with the stock Septune. The only reason I had it serviced was because of the stuck down failure. But now that I did it I am very pleased with the results.

otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004
    In a word - YES. The platform did get more firm, even in the "dead zone" setting".
    If it is firmer in the "deadzone" too is that a good thing? Shouldn't that have remained as plush since it is not a propedal setting?

I'm curious too because I have a Septune. The only time my bike bobs is when I "mash" on the pedals when I absolutely have to stand and crank it out. Otherwise I love the other aspects of it. Like Barkdog said, I only want the '7' to be firmer and the open to remain plush.

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    [QUOTE=SabbathU71]If it is firmer in the "deadzone" too is that a good thing? Shouldn't that have remained as plush since it is not a propedal setting?

Let me clarify. When I say "firmer in the deadzone", I mean at the top of the shock's stroke. Like when I'm just spinning along up a fireroad not hitting any bumps. When it was stock, I could look down and see some movement of the shock in this situation. Not anymore in any setting. But, as soon as there is any type of terrain the shock snaps into action soaking it up. Basically, it is not as important to fiddle with the lever no matter the terrain or the septune setting. The small bump sensitivity, regardless of the propedal setting, is definitely improved. The big bumps, I can't really tell a difference. The stock shock worked just fine when hitting the big stuff.

Gravity Rides Everything
    i pushed mine too, it's great. stiffer platform, more controlled feeling over just about everything. Something to be said about having your shocks tuned to your weight. I'd love to push my fork, but i'm probably gonna get rid of the whole rig before it becomes necessary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by endurowanker
    i pushed mine too, it's great. stiffer platform, more controlled feeling over just about everything. Something to be said about having your shocks tuned to your weight. I'd love to push my fork, but i'm probably gonna get rid of the whole rig before it becomes necessary.

E-wanker,

what you gonna get to replace the SJ?

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Two wheels are best
    In a word - YES. The platform did get more firm, even in the "dead zone" setting". I could probably run a little less air pressure (was running 170psi for my 170 weight) and get an even plusher feel while maintaining good platform. I typically only use settings 1 or 7 depending on terrain and I did notice a positive difference in platform in setting 7 for the fire road climbs. There was virtually no bobbing even when I was mashing on the pedals.

I wasn't unhappy at all with the stock Septune. The only reason I had it serviced was because of the stuck down failure. But now that I did it I am very pleased with the results.
    IIRC, others have posted that after they had their shocks Push'd, they did not need to run as much air pressure as before.

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker75
    E-wanker,

what you gonna get to replace the SJ?

John

2006 stumpjumper pro.

i love specialized. the 06 will be my 3rd FSR bike. they just work awesome.

Faster the Better!
    Apr 2005

septune..

going to send my spetune to push next week..Also my TALAS RL...I love my stumpjumper 120...A stiffer propedal would be nice but never really had any complaints about the Septune..However I just added a Santa Cruz NOMAD to my quiver and it should be ready to go next week. The stumpjumper will be my Full XTR XC Race bike. and The NOMAD my Long Travel Full SRAM, Saint, and Such Do everything bike. I will update on the differences as they come.

Eric

Two wheels are best
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattlechronic
    going to send my spetune to push next week..Also my TALAS RL...I love my stumpjumper 120...A stiffer propedal would be nice but never really had any complaints about the Septune..However I just added a Santa Cruz NOMAD to my quiver and it should be ready to go next week. The stumpjumper will be my Full XTR XC Race bike. and The NOMAD my Long Travel Full SRAM, Saint, and Such Do everything bike. I will update on the differences as they come.

Eric
    Dang! I wish I was spoiled like that!

When I send my shock and fork to Push, I'll have to settle for doing trail work until I get them back...