mtbr member
    Aug 2005

PUSH: simple rebuild vs. factory tuning

Current Float R on 04 Enduro makes some serious "squishing" noises, and seems like a pogo stick when I put enough pressure to not bottom out (I weigh 180 lbs, pump shock to 185 psi). I've decided to PUSH the shock. Anyone have an opinion whether the $150 tuning is that much better than the $95 rebuild?

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by benoksanen
    Current Float R on 04 Enduro makes some serious "squishing" noises, and seems like a pogo stick when I put enough pressure to not bottom out (I weigh 180 lbs, pump shock to 185 psi). I've decided to PUSH the shock. Anyone have an opinion whether the $150 tuning is that much better than the $95 rebuild?
    Well worth the extra $$, no question at all. It's well worth it even on a brand new shock, and if it already needs a $95 rebuild anyway then it's absolutely a no-brainer. Significant difference in performance.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    no contest, get the $150 tuning. It will transform your ride. I used to do the reccommended Fox service every year. It would get rid of air leak, odd noises, etc, but it still rode like a pogo stick. The PUSH rebuild was more than just a band-aid for noises and leaks, it is like getting a brand new shock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Does PUSH do brain shocks too?

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

just had it done

I opted for the full monty on my 03 Float R(99 FSR Xc) well worth the extra few dollars. The rebound had to be backed way out because the shock is so much more responsive