mtbr member
    Feb 2009

To PUSH or not to PUSH?

I've put a rp23 on my 09 Stumpy FSR comp, and it has made a world of difference in ride quality. But, I can't seem to dial it in so that I can minimize pedal bob and also have small/med bump absorbtion. If I lower pressure, then I get the small/med bump absorption but have fairly significant bob. For those of you who have a PUSHed rear shock, will having it PUSHed help with this? The one drawback is that the rp23 gives me
    ~140mm of rear travel as it is; PUSH will only tune the shock if they also shorten the shock due to warranty reasons, giving me 120mm of rear travel again. I can live with the loss of 20mm of rear travel if it'll give me the ride I'm looking for (minimal bob with small/med bump compliance). Any input/experiences with having a PUSHed shock on a Stumpy would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    bk

Ride Like the Wind
    I havent used them yet,although I plan on it when my Fox Talas 32 RLC needs to be done.I'm a 300 plb. clydesdale and they said they could do wonder's to get it set it up for my needs.

Why do you loose 20mm's when they work on your shock?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    go for upgrade to RP23 boost valve!!!
    push is good but i would just sent it to fox and ask them to tune it for a stumpy and give them detail like your weight and how would you like it, that just me though
    Custom 08 Swork Stumpy FSR
    Custom Revell 250R Jump/4x/street
    Custom '10 Enduro - "sometimes trail ride turns into freeride"

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    go for upgrade to RP23 boost valve!!!
    Is there a very noticeable difference between the RP23 with boost valve and the RP2 without it? I've been wondering about how dramatic an upgrade the boost valve is. Can you comment more, since it sounds like you're a big fan?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes the new RP23 with boost valve is miles better than without ---------but , -------you should have stuck with the AFR and learned how to dial it , what a difference the AFR thats dialed makes on that bike .

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

To Push or Not

Hi,

I have a 2008 Giant Trance and I got an RP23 from PUSH last year. It made a noticeable improvement in the ride. I didn't have a bobbing problem as long as I used propedal so I'm not sure if they can fix that for you but what I can say is that I could feel how much better the shock tracked the ground. It was plusher but retained the propedal that I wanted.

Bob

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr
    Yes the new RP23 with boost valve is miles better than without ---------but , -------you should have stuck with the AFR and learned how to dial it , what a difference the AFR thats dialed makes on that bike .
    He has a Stumpy Comp that came with the Triad,not the brain. I just threw an RP23 on my 07 Stumpy Comp and it is miles better than the Triad. I think I will have mine pushed sometime soon.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?