Dual Squishy...

Push Monarch Plus RC3 - '07+ Enduro

Anyone upgrade their '07 - '09 Enduro SL with one?

Can't find the thread that had the initial pics and review. Would love to get that link again, and if anyone has upgraded their AFR to one, what their thoughts are.

Dual Squishy...
    Nothing? There was a thread earlier this Fall I think where the the prototype was shown and tested. Looking for that thread and searches aren't pulling anything up.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnut22 View Post
    Nothing? There was a thread earlier this Fall I think where the the prototype was shown and tested. Looking for that thread and searches aren't pulling anything up.
    Hey Mr. Jeepnut22,

I made that upgrade and posted about it in the Specialized, Shocks & Suspension as well as the 650B Wheel Size forums. I couldn't find any of my posts using the key words.

Therefore I just looked for all my posts in those forums. Here are two of the reviews I posted on the improvements I made to my 2007 Specialized Enduro SL Pro:

2007-2009 Enduro SL Suspension Upgrade!

Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3

The bottom line is that this shock has been wonderful! Now I have a ton of rides on it with no durability or maintenance issues. However, this is a shock from Push so I don't know how the standard shock from Rock Shox compares.

Good luck with your upgrade and PM if you want any other info!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Running a stock Plus on my 09 Carbon SL.
    Try a stocker before you pay extra for a Push version.
    Too many toys, not enough time.

Dual Squishy...
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsnead View Post
    Hey Mr. Jeepnut22,

I made that upgrade and posted about it in the Specialized, Shocks & Suspension as well as the 650B Wheel Size forums. I couldn't find any of my posts using the key words.

Therefore I just looked for all my posts in those forums. Here are two of the reviews I posted on the improvements I made to my 2007 Specialized Enduro SL Pro:

2007-2009 Enduro SL Suspension Upgrade!

Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3

The bottom line is that this shock has been wonderful! Now I have a ton of rides on it with no durability or maintenance issues. However, this is a shock from Push so I don't know how the standard shock from Rock Shox compares.

Good luck with your upgrade and PM if you want any other info!

Michael
    Yup, the Push Monarch Plus RC3 is what I am thinking about upgrading to. Thanks for the links. Still not the original, but oh well. Question for you though...

You ditched the e150. How come? I have had no issues with mine and it has been a great plush fork. Stiff as hell too. I send it in to Specialized for it's normal maintenance, so it gets taken care of.

Thanks!!

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnut22 View Post
    Yup, the Push Monarch Plus RC3 is what I am thinking about upgrading to. Thanks for the links. Still not the original, but oh well. Question for you though...

You ditched the e150. How come? I have had no issues with mine and it has been a great plush fork. Stiff as hell too. I send it in to Specialized for it's normal maintenance, so it gets taken care of.

Thanks!!
    Hi Mr. Jeepnut22,

The change in forks has been wonderful for me for the following reasons:

• 160mm vs 150mm. Not a huge change but noticable
    • Much greater difference between firm and soft on the slow speed compression settings
    • Ability to lock out the fork on either 120mm or 160mm settings. Can even control the degree of lock out
    • Kashimir (sp?) coating equals smoother action
    • New low friction seals equal smoother action
    • IMHO more plush than the e150 with no brake dive issues

I didn't know what an advantage it would be to lock out the fork. Of course I guessed it would be great for fire road climbs. But I didn't appreciate how valuable it would be for very steep, non technical singletrack when you can reduce the travel to 120mm and lock out the fork at the same time. I'm old and slow and that makes a big difference in what I can climb.

I also didn't understand the benefit derived from locking out the fork and setting the shock to maximum firm for trials moves, pump tracks and jump parks. Front wheel pivot turns have been much easier to learn since I can make those changes.

I have four skinnies in my yard for practice purposes. One of them is 36 feet long and 6 inches wide with two turns in it. I've become much more comfortable pedaling on it since I can reduce the travel to 120mm, lock out the fork at the same time and set the shock to maximum firm. It takes all the "monkey motion" out of the bike. Once the balance and skill set is ingrained in me I can repeat the move with the suspension set up as I would ride a trail.

The bottom line is that with the change in fork and shock I can set up the bike to work like both a full rigid to a full on DH ride. I like this change so much I'm selling both the e150 fork and AFR shock for a song if you know anyone who is looking for either of those items.

Good luck with your changes. I hope you find a combination that works for you and gives you what you're looking for.

Take care,

Michael

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hi,

has anyone upgraded his medium size enduro sl with a monarch rc3? does this work without the shock bumping the frame?

i'd like to upgrade an enduro sl 09 medium size with a rc3 shock, but would like to avoid bumps in the frame

thanks for your answers!

kind regards

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBehaim View Post
    hi,

has anyone upgraded his medium size enduro sl with a monarch rc3? does this work without the shock bumping the frame?

i'd like to upgrade an enduro sl 09 medium size with a rc3 shock, but would like to avoid bumps in the frame

thanks for your answers!

kind regards
    Hi Martin,

I have a 2007 Enduro SL Pro in a size Medium and there is no problem with the Monarch Plus RC3 shock bumping the frame. Even if I had a size Small frame I don't believe the shock could hit the frame.

Here are two good pictures showing how much room there is:
    Push Monarch Plus RC3 - '07+ Enduro-michaels-bike-001.jpg

Push Monarch Plus RC3 - '07+ Enduro-michaels-bike-003.jpg

All that said I don't know if there are any design or size differences between the 2007 and 2009 versions of the Enduro SL.

Good luck with your upgrade!

Michael

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hi michael,

thank you for your answer! i don't think, there were significant changes in design or measurements between 2007 and 2009, so i hope for the best
    do you also know the size of the shock bushings i need? changing the shock is a good opportunity to renew these too, i think...

kind regards,
    george

p.s.: my name isn't actually martin behaim, thats a hint where i'm from

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBehaim View Post
    hi michael,

thank you for your answer! i don't think, there were significant changes in design or measurements between 2007 and 2009, so i hope for the best
    do you also know the size of the shock bushings i need? changing the shock is a good opportunity to renew these too, i think...

kind regards,
    george

p.s.: my name isn't actually martin behaim, thats a hint where i'm from
    Hi George,

I don't know the size of the shock bushings you need. I bought my shock directly from PUSH Industries and had it installed by my LBS so I didn't have to deal with that question.

Guten Tag,

Michael

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hi again micheal,

i'll find out and post pics of my enduro sl as soon as the new setup is complete! and, of course, as soon as the weather allows good pictures

thanks and have a guten tag too^^