Stray Bullet

Progressive 5th Element-Coil on an 06 Enduro?

Anyone know if a Progressive 5th Element in 8.75 x 2.75 will fit a 2006 Enduro Expert?

I've read the thread about fitting a DHX-C and I have a Fox Vanilla for it.

I'm making a custom shim stack for the 5th and am curious is it will work on my Enduro.

mtbr member
    it should fit, but I think the reservoir maybe too long and hit the frame at the downtube. I had a similar problem with an older dhx coil. just curious, if you have a dhx or vanilla why are you putting a 5th element on it? It seems like a very unresponsive shock for that type of linkage.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Anyone know if a Progressive 5th Element in 8.75 x 2.75 will fit a 2006 Enduro Expert?

I've read the thread about fitting a DHX-C and I have a Fox Vanilla for it.

I'm making a custom shim stack for the 5th and am curious is it will work on my Enduro.
    I am running a 5th coil on a large 06 Expert. A few mm clearance for the reservoir, so you have to remove the shock to air it up. I dunno if it makes a difference but I am running an 8.5 x 2.5 shock.

To nightops, I believe that Nagaredama is going to remove the SPV unit. That said, I have a 6 way and after spending a lot of time tuning it am very happy with it (with SPV). I now have it nailed to a few turns of preload for XC and zero preload for plush DH.

Note, when SPV pressure is low - around 80psi and lower, the Enduro has a tremendous amount of squat under stand and pedal pressures.

P